Chapter 20

Natalie's POV

All I hear are voices in my head. I wanna wake up but I can't. It's like everything just went black and I never woke up. I know that I'm not dead because if I was I wouldn't be able to talk to myself. I can hear everything that people are saying around me. My life had been turned into something terrible. I was happy before this happened, I was going to high school, had great friends and a great soon to be boyfriend. Maybe it's a sign. That I shouldn't leave? Well it's a weird way of showing it. What am I supposed to do? Fuck.

Ramiz's POV

"MOM!"

"Yeah? What's wrong?"

"TAKE ME TO THE ST.BENEDICTS HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW!" Said Ramiz screaming. "Why what happened?" Asked his mom curiously. "Let's just go we don't have time!" Said Ramiz running out the door.

My mom and I were on the highway in traffic rushing to the hospital when she finally broke the silence. "Ramiz I still don't understand why we are going to the hospital! I want an explanation right now!" I hesitated then finally blurted it out. "My uh... My.. Friend and her family got into a really bad car crash. My friend is in a medically induced coma and the the rest of her family is fine with some injuries." That's when she saw a tear drop run down my cheek. "Oh honey." She stopped the car and hugged me while I cried on her shoulder. "This girl.. Is she just a friend? Is it that girl you were talking to me about?" I didn't wanna answer because I wasn't in the mood but I still answered because she's my mom. "Yeah, it's her... I actually asked her out today right before she left but she didn't wanna have a long distant relationship I'm guessing. She still wanted to be friends so I agreed." My mom stared at me with a smirk on her face. "Let's hope her family is ok."

We got to the hospital after what feels like hours when I see Sali, Chantal, Keyarie and Rameena coming in at the same time. All of our eyes were red and puffy. Rameena started rushing towards me and hugged me. We had a group hug and demanded the woman at the front desk to let us see her. She said we all could unless we went in one at a time. My mom and Chantal's sister said they would wait for all of us to see her.

"Ok. We're gonna get to see her. Who's going first?" Asked Keyarie with a sad face. "I think I should. I'll go first." Said Rameena with tear filled eyes. "Ok, go ahead." Said Chantal while smiling at her. Rameena nodded and walked in.

So many wires. She was hooked up to four different machines. It was terrifying. "Hey Natalie, it's Rameena. I'm here for you no matter what. I love you so much. This is fucking hell for all of us. I just hope you'll be fine. On the bright side, your family is fine, so when you wake up they'll be right beside you. So will we. Chantal, Keyarie, Sali and Ramiz are here. We're here for you. The rest of them are gonna talk to you too. I love you so much." She was crying all over her hand while holding it.

"That was the saddest thing I've ever done. Besides driving over a squirrel in go-karting." She said while laughing. "Who's gonna go now?" Asked Sali. "I can't." Said Keyarie while burying her head in her knees. "I'll go. Wish me luck." Said Chantal smiling. "Good luck." I said smiling at her.

"Hey Natalie, it's uh.. Chantal. I don't even know what to say right now.. I'm so sorry this happened to you. I'll be by your side no matter what happens. You didn't deserve this. I'm sorry Natalie. I love you." She walked out of the room and looked at us. "Who's going now?" "I think Sali should go." Said Keyarie while nodding. "Always putting this pressure on me, fine, I'll go."

"Hey Natalie, it's Sali. I uh.. I'm so sorry. I'm so confused as to what to say. I never thought this would of happened to you, or any of us. You didn't deserve this whatsoever. We will always be here for you. I love you. We all do."

"Ok.. Only you two now. Which one of you are going?"

"I think I wanna go now." Said Keyarie nodding towards Ramiz. "Go ahead."

"Thank you."

"Hey Natalie it's Keyarie. Don't worry there's only one more of us left after me.  I'm sorry. You never ever deserved this. I don't see how this happened so suddenly. We were watching the news and we saw what happened. We came here as quick as possible. We all love you. We're here for you. I love you."

"It's all on you Ramiz."

"Ok, I'm going in." I said while smiling and nodding.

"Hey Natalie, it's Ramiz. Don't worry I'm the last one. This was so hard for all of us. Seeing someone that we all love so much in such a bad place it's just... Horrible.. I saw what had happened on the news and I couldn't believe it. I told my mom to rush me to the hospital to see you because I wouldn't ever wanna lose you. You never deserved this. I'm such an asshole. This should've happened to me, not you. This is so hard for me because you will always have such a special place in my heart and I don't know what I would do without you. I'm sorry Natalie. I'm really, truly, sorry. I love you so much." As I was leaving the room I turned back around, looked at her and kissed her forehead. I sat down and started holding her hand. I didn't wanna let go. It was impossible. Then the nurse came and told me that I should probably go so that her family could see her.

"Hey, what took you so long?" Asked Sali. "I don't wanna let go." I cried into her shoulder.

"We should probably go home and let her family see her." Said Chantal while crying. "Yeah.. Let's go home." Said Keyarie sobbing. Before we left Chantal's sister told the lady at the front desk to contact her if anything happens to Natalie, and to give her number to her family if they need anything. The lady said ok and we left.

"Bye guys."

"Bye Ramiz." As they all said in unison.

"Mom, when we get home I wanna go to church and light a candle for Natalie and her family."

"Of course." Said my mom nicely. "Can we pick up McDonald's though I'm hungry." I said while holding onto my grumbling stomach. "Sure when I got off the highway."

She ordered the food and we got home. I ate my food and went to church with a dollar in my pocket. I walked in and kneeled when I entered. I went to the candle and prayer station. I put in my dollar, kneeled, and prayed. I was praying for a good fifteen minutes when I saw it starting to rain lightly outside, that's when I knew I should probably go. As I was walking home I got a phone call, it was from Chantal.

I picked up my phone and answered.

"Hey Chantal."
"Ramiz, come to the hospital, it's about Natalie. COME QUICK!"
"What happened?"
"JUST COME!"

She hung up and I started to run home. What just happened?

-SASSYBLOWFISH❤️