Chapter 6: Confrontation

I stopped showing up for training again and Graham hasn't trained me for a week.

My best friend hasn't spoken to me for a week and I haven't spoken to him for a week. It's never been this long before and now it's worse because he might know.

Who am I kidding he definitely knows.

My father hasn't show his face either. I think my mother made sure of that.

"Are you okay sweetie?" She's been hovering, worrying.

I'm grabbing a soda from the fridge. I take a sip.

"I'm fine mom." That's all she gets out of me for now, but I do take the time to hug her to my side, to reassure her that I'm okay even though I know I'm not.

I've decided to confront Graham today.

I'm about to leave now.

I grab my jacket, but before I leave the house I check the liquor cabinet. I pour myself one single shot.

Liquid courage.

Hands in my pockets, steady steps.

Graham isn't in his room. He hasn't been staying there which means he's at his old room at home with his parents.

Knocking on the door, Senna opens up. She's smiling at me. "To what do I owe the pleasure Talon? You haven't been by for quite some time now."

I don't tell her that I can't look her in the face when Graham took so much from her in the looks department. I don't tell her that I can't look her in the eye when I think such disturbing thoughts about her son.

"Is Graham here?"

Her smile doesn't fade and she moves to the side. "Yea. He's up in his room. You know the way."

I'm climbing the stairs two at a time. I need to get this done.

I don't knock.

Door slamming back, kicking clothes out of my way as I get to the bed.

Sleeping soundly, but not for long.

Blankets ripped away.

"What the fu-" Surprise across his face.

Surprise at my intrusion.
Surprise at the steel like strength he can feel off me.

"Get up." He doesn't make a move and I use my alpha genes against him. "I said get up!"

He's out of the bed in just his boxers and I hold my gaze to his green eyes.

"What's your problem man?" He tries to look confused. He tries to seem like he doesn't understand.

"Let's go." Everyone wants me to toughen up, well I'm doing it.

He doesn't make a move to follow me out the door. "Do I need to make that an order?" I quirk my brow at him.

Now he's following.
Now I've got his attention.

He doesn't even get dressed.

I take him deep into the woods, near the weeping willow tree and the little stream.

Once there, I real back my fist and let it slam into his jaw. He falls back with a crash and yell.

"What the fuck was that for!?" He's rubbing the spot, standing up to get in my face for the first time in over a week.

"That was because your a fucking coward!"

"A coward? Really? I'm the coward when you can't even tell dear papa that his only son is gay?"

That cuts deep. Deeper than I thought any words could cut me.

"That's my problem not yours." I just admitted it to him. I admitted to being gay.

"I think it is my problem since you seem to be real fond of me Talon!" He's making angry motions with his hands, poking his thumb back at himself.

"I never did anything to you! I can't help the way I feel! What do you want me to do? Cut it off? I can't! I've tried for years!" My breath is huffing, ragged.

"It would be nice if you kept your distance. I'm not like that and besides that I already have a mate in mind." This surprises me.

Graham Owen, the womanizing King, has a mate in mind?

I'm at a loss for words.

"Who?" I find myself asking even though I'm not sure I want to know.

"Phoenix; and I would appreciate it if you would keep away from me until you can get yourself under control." He's referring to the incident from that night. The one where my fingers were bad. The one where my mouth and tongue couldn't help themselves.

"So that's it? We're not friends anymore because you don't like the fact that I'm gay? Or do you not want to be friends because I'm in love with you and you don't want to deal with that?" My words are sharp, meant to stab and twist. If they do, I don't see it.

He pulls back his arm, I flinch even though I deserve it for punching him. His arm is shaking. His fist is clenched so tight it probably has claw marks inside.

"I can't be friends with someone who would keep something like that a secret from his best friend! I never would have done half the things we did together if I had known that, yet you kept it from me! Did you think it was funny to get off while watching me, while sleeping next to me in my own bed?! How do I know you didn't touch me in my sleep!" His fist is still pulled back, still shaking.

He's so fast I barely see it as he runs past me and Rams his fist into a tree. It leaves a dent with the amount of upset he's experiencing.

Can't he see that this is the exact reason I kept it hidden?

"Fine. I don't want to see you around anymore." Lies. "Don't worry about the beta position. I won't be taking the Alpha claim when the time comes." And with that, I leave with more hurt than I thought possible. The knife is dug deep in my gut and it's not just twisting. I think it's cutting me open to pull out my insides, to let them drop to the ground and stomp on them.