Chapter 7

Sorry for the flashbacks. I probably won't have anymore. I will also try and not confuse you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't believe that Cleta is already a year and five months old!" I told Starr one day when we were in the kitchen cleaning.

It was June, and it was hot! Starr and I were constantly wearing short shorts, and tank tops, and the guys were usually in their boxers. It was funny how use to each other we were. We also usually had Cleta in a rag shaped like a diaper, and we were in the middle of trying to potty train her.

Tennessee in the middle of summer was unbarible! It usually got to 100 degrees, and we had no power to turn anything on! Every day, I would always wake up sweating my ass off.

"I can't believe that it's 105 degrees outside!!!" Starr said back.

I looked at Cleta, and I couldn't believe how big she had gotten! I remember the day she said her first word. It was momma, and now she was saying momma, Dada, auntie, and Tate. We still can't get her to say uncle, but Tate doesn't mind.

"How is my baby girl today?" I asked Cleta as I picked her up. 

She had aether just peed, or she was really sweaty down there. I lifted her up, and I took a small sniff. The smell of ammonia hit me like a train, and I took her butt away from my nose. "We have got to quit feeding you mushed asparagus!" I exclaimed while I fished out a clean rag for her.

"Starr, remind me to tell Jake not to feed her the asparugus, her piss is really starting to smell!" I exclaimed while I tried to fight with Cleta over getting the diaper on.

"Ok," Starr called back.

We were in the middle of finishing up the laundry, and I was miserable. We had found a creek about half a mile away from the cabin, and that is what we did our laundry in. That's also where we got all of our water, and where we took our baths. "I hate laundry day!" I heard Starr exclaim as soon as I had put the dark red washcloth on Cleta. 

"I hate it to, but we can't do anything about it! we run out of clothes way to easily, and this is the only way to do it!" I called back. 

We were waiting for the boys to get back from hunting, so that they could take Cleta out of the sun, but doing laundry, and trying to keep a crawling baby out of the shade, and in your sight at all times so that zombies don't get her isn't the easiest thing to do. "Lets go. we can hang everything up in the cabin, and finish everything else up later. I don't like having Cleta out here. Plus, we are both as red as lobsters, and we could use some down time,"

We walked back to the cabin, but we had to take the long way because of a few walkers. "Those were the eighth ones this week!" I exclaimed when we finally made it inside.

I thought about how we never stayed in a place this long, and about how sooner or later, something was going to happen. When the guys returned, we told them about the zombies, and they automatically decided to hunt them down. "Why is it that every time that a zombie shows up, you guys decide to go out and kill them? Aren't I supposed to be the phsyco killer in the group?" I asked.

They looked at me like I was crazy, and I handed Cleta over to Jake, and Starr and I left to finish the laundry. "What are we supposed to do now?" Tate asked as we walked away.

"Teach her tricks. She still needs to be potty trained you know!" I shouted back.

We walked down to the creek, but we didn't do any laundry. The creek was swarmed by zombies, so we walked as quietly as possible, for about three seconds that is, after that, we flat out ran back to the cabin.

"I thought that you guys were going to do the laundry," Tate asked when we ran through the door.

"Change of plans, we are going to stay in the cabin, and hope that the zombies that are at the creek don't find their way over here," I said through gasp for hair.

We waited for two days, but there were zombies everywhere, and we were starting to run out of food.