How it began

It was just a normal Wednesday afternoon it all seemed fine, that was until we got on the bus...

I sat down opposite my best friends Josie and Michaela; they were talking about their future and how they were going to marry Harry styles and other celebrities although I did adore one direction I could never marry-or date for that matter someone 7 years older than me it's too weird. I plugged my headphones in and started listening to the latest chart songs on shuffle. I stared out the window at the houses we passed, then we went by gyms, shops, trees, parks everything that you would find in a busy town.

Suddenly we came to a halt. I assumed it was the first stop, but after a while I realised we had only been on the bus for a few minutes we couldn't possibly be there yet it's a 40 minute journey, I looked over to see the blank white faces of the other passengers on the school bus. They were in awe. At what?

I tugged at my headphones so that they fell out of my ears and onto my £20 school skirt from Asda, it was quite big on me but the smaller size made me look like a hippo.
The bus was silent not in a calm peaceful way more in a strange, almost frightening way...I whispered to Josie who was now slightly shaking "what's going on?". Her lip trembled a bit as if she wanted to say something but turned away, I slowly stood up and peered to the side of the red chair with blue swirls on: nothing. Everyone  like the other gobsmacked they were statues frozen in shock. I took the courage to stand up properly and mosey plodded closer to the front of the bus. Many people looked at me for a brief second then went back to their statue position, as I got closer to the front I began to hear a voice. It was a man's voice. It got louder the closer I got. I can make out a few words, 'important'. What was important? 'Don't worry....it's all under control'. What is? 'Stay in your houses' why? 'So far it's un curable' what? The bus driver noticed me. Oh no! He is going to tell me to sit down! But instead he just turned up the volume and grew closer to where the mans mumberly voice was coming from. It started to break up.

'Please remain calmidxnd' please stay indisndnsj' he angrily hit the radio box. "Damn! Bloody box' he swore under his breath but most of the year 7's at the front heard him. The engine gurrrd,I quickly scuttled back to my seat waking everyone up from the trance. The rest of the way home was silent. When I asked Michaela and Josie again about what happened they just ignored me as if I didn't exist...

I wonder what the man was on about and what's so shocking it left the entire bus trembling? Is it really THAT serious?

When we arrived at the first stop I got off and sprinted as fast as my legs could run me home, by the time I got back, my mum was home from work already.
"Molly, quick", she hissed I noticed my grandma was there next to her they were packing 5 loads of gargantuan suitcases, one being mine!

"Empty your sock draw, and which of these pairs of shoes do you want you can't have them all... converse,uggs or toms? Oh but were definitely bringing these!" She said while holding up some tatty black lace up boots they looked victorian. Ewww gross.
"They were mine but there a bit too small for me now, you can have them, after all you need comfy boots we will be doing alot of travelling!" I looked up at her confused. What's happened in the last two hours that everyone knows about but me?

"My converse..." I replied she smiled a crooked smile while she grabbed a photo album off the shelf. "What's happened?" I asked sounding quite concerned.
"what? Didn't you hear the radio?" She shook her head "I will explain in the car, grab your phone charger for me hunny and don't forget mr sheep...". I grabbed him and hugged his soft fur before placing him into my bright pink backpack. I've had mr sheep since I was a baby and when I was three I named him mr sheep, sheepy for short. It's a bit of a stupid name but, I was only three.

Suddenly I heard a ear bursting scream, it came from across the road...
I ran to my window, for some bizarre reason, my curtains were shut so I peered through a small gap. It was mrs Brown.
She was old with curly grey hair which complimented her wrinkly wore through skin. Her red flowery dress was torn and was covered in gravel from the path below she seemed to be bending over a man...covered in blood...guts everywhere was she...eating him? No! It can't be, or can it?
"Molly!" It was my mum,"help us with these bags please!" I grabbed my pink rucksack and ran into the corridor to my mum and gran struggling with the suitcases. I took mine and my grans; they were heavy but I was strong enough to drag them to the boot, before swiftly jumping in to the car, slamming the door behind me. My mum quickly got out the car and ran into the house, she was there a few minutes and returned locking the door as she left. She was holding something wrapped in a tea towel and carefully placed into her backpack, She started the engine almost immediately. We started down the road and passed mrs brown she looked up at the car and stood up from the man she was greedily munching on and reached her hand out at us while slowly trudging towards us, my mum drove faster, leaving her to wander along the gravel.