Sophia

MOLLY'S P.O.V

I woke up. The gate left slightly open, reminded me of last night. I rolled my eyes, and peered above me to see Josie fast asleep. I woke up early again! Josie's always awake before me; reading or just thinking, but the majority of the time she's already gone off, having breakfast or something. But today is different.

"Jo? You awake?".

No reply...

I got up and crept out of bed. The watch said it was 4 in the morning.

Rolling my eyes I left the cell.

The lunch hall was empty except from Carol, who was preparing breakfast. She was startled by me as she turned around.

"Your up early today!"

"Couldn't sleep..."

I took a seat at a table opposite from her. It was awkward and silent because I've never really been alone with Carol. I thought I'd brake the ice by asking her something I desperately wanted to know!

"Carol?" I asked.

"Um, hm Hun?" She replied, continuing to prepare the food.

" Did you hate me and Josie when we first arrived? Be honest I don't mind if you did?", she paused and stopped for a moment and turned towards me, with a frustrated look on her face.

"W-W-Why would you, ask that?" She seemed nervous.

"I don't know, I guess it's just when we walked through to the gates your face went white, like you'd seen a ghost!".

She sighed and turned back around.

"You just reminded me of someone, that's all..." She dazed of daydreaming.

CAROL'S P.O.V

I see her walking out of the barn. She's growling slightly.

Her skin peeling away, hair falling out.

Stumbling, step by step. Arms out reaching out to grab me. A bullet goes through her head. She falls down to the ground like a bowling pin.

How could I let this happen? My own daughter a monster! It's all my fault, I should never of let her hide under the car alone. And I should of Gone after her in the Forrest.

I remember her before this. Before the world ended. Her blonde hair blowing in the breeze, as her million dollar smile lit up my day. She was on a round about.

"Faster, mommy faster!" She had the biggest cheesy grin across her face. I chuckled to myself, as I pushed the round-about.

I gave the spinning chair one last push as she went around in circles. Every time she went past me (which was every few seconds) I would give her a big high five! How I loved seeing her happy!

Tears streamed down my face, my eyes were so blurry I could no longer see. Running over to her I shook her motionless body.

"SOPHIA! No, no, Sophia!" I began rocking backwards and forawd. "Not my baby! Not my baby, Sophia! No!" I could no longer talk. Without Sophia, I had no-one. I wanted to die then and there, but I didn't. Instead I buried her and moved on.

I still never go a day without thinking about her. She is all I live for. The walkers beat her, but I'm not going to let them beat me!

I will stand up against them. I will kill all of them if I have to. I will-

"Carol?" It was Molly. Oh, yes back to that convesation. What was it about?

"Carol who did we remind you of?" Oh that one. My heart sunk.

"Just somebody that I used to know" I replied holding back the tears.

"Who?" The love of my life. My heart and soul.

"Who carol? Who do we remind you of?" I paused for a moment.

"My little girl" I broke down into tears. She surprisingly rubbed my back, attempting to calm me down. I know she means well, it's just when I see her, I wonder why she's still alive but my Sophia is not, and it just brakes me more.

"Thank you Molly, but I'd prefer to be left alone" I gently told her she nodded her head then left. I was left to grieve.

MOLLY'S P.O.V

I left Carol alone, I knew I would just make things worse. I just feel terrible leaving her when she clearly needs a friend. But if I make her worse I better leave.

Josie might be up by now anyway.

I walk into the cell, to find Josie tearing the room apart, she appears to be looking for something and she's very eager to find it. When she notices me she gets up and screeches at the top of her voice.

"What have you done with it?" I shrug not understanding or knowing what 'it' is. "You know how important it is to me" she continues searching.

"I don't know what your talking about. What have you lost?" She stops and angrily sighs.

"I haven't lost anything!"

"Then what are you looki-"

"It's been stolen!" She states.

"What has?" I ask very intrigued by this 'stolen item'.

"The last and only picture I have left of my family. It was on the wall above the desk now it's gone!". Is she serious? Why would anyone want to steal something that important and precious to her? And most importantly why would she think I'd done it? Doesn't she trust me?