Part. Tweleve. Lake. House. Sun. Set.

Kansas and I once again grew separate after the week of the keg. It's only natural to need time to recover after such a truly unhealthy experience. We probably gain ten pounds in beer weight in a matter of days. Plus I had to go to work and Kansas' friend from his old town came down to the lake for vacation.
I woke up next to a blonde I don't remember in a house I didn't live at with my shoes still on although they were all I was wearing and my phone rang from my pants pocket in another room, repeatedly. Every time the call ended the person phoning instantly called again. I laid there for a few minutes hoping each call would be the last. Eventually the girl woke up and the hope was over so I rolled to my feet and went to give in to my caller.
I wasn't that mad once I was up I was just glad I had finally made it back from a week away at work. I had gotten back just in time apparently. The Mcdaddy as Kansas referred to himself as occasionally had slept with some girl he got drunk with the night in the shower of her parent's lake house, surprisingly enough was incredible similar to my current situation as I dressed myself in the closet of the girl's parents bedroom.
I was informed he was driving back into town to, forcefully if need, take me back with him to the lake. I myself don't make a habit of saying no to a good time told him I'd be at my place of living (where ever that was then) within the hour and he could find me there if he so desired.
As the hour past I became overcome with excitement that Kansas and I would be lighting up the night once again. That night will forever live infamy but that's not to say I regret it, just that I should.
The drive back was relaxed, we caught up, had fun, fucked off like normal. I had a whole weeks pay in my pocket and absolutely nothing to spend it on besides females and whiskey, I savored the thought of being able to do so.
Pulling off the dirt road into the Main Street of the next town over my phone regained internet connection. It was the first thing that went horribly shit that day. I browsed Facebook while maintaining conversation when I saw the post informing me a childhood first of mine who when by the nickname of Kid or the kid in some cases had died in a car accident when he pulled out in front of a eighteen wheeler blindly.
Here's the kicker. He had just graduated the same time as Q, just married his best friend's older sister making them brothers in law (which is like the coolest thing that can happen between two bros), his wife was two months pregnant with their first born.
The kid had just finally got threw all the hard parts and finally started seeing results for all his effort. I'm not the type of guy to cry so I didn't but my heart went out to a guy who unlike most people did deserve better.
It really knocked my mental frame right, I was just so god damn happy to be alive because of the fact that someone else who deserved to be wasn't. It was two days before the kids birthday and I decided to celebrate his life until his day came around and Kansas in spite of not knowing him personal was moved by the news and made it his goal to join me.
We arrived at a lake house but all lake houses look the same, kinda like a style that says "fuck you for not owning one" yeah something like that. I was introduced to Austin, who was pretty rad, a little extreme but rad still.
Austin had a unicorn tattoo on his left rib cage under his nipple, short brown hair, a flat but square face, and even if it didn't seem like it he was fairly handsome. Austin had a girlfriend present but I don't care enough about her to write about her so we will forget "@she existed.
We sat on a in-closed porch while smoking cigarettes and drinking Budweiser because we fucking could.
I have no idea how long we bullshit there but it felt like forever in a good way. I can tell you what brought it to an end though, same thing that always does. We ran out of booze.
Austin called his friend who happened to be of the legal age to purchase such substance, I personal think it should be a crime to keep such amazement away from me but alas no one ask me.
Austin's friend was cool but I don't have a very strong memory of him. I mostly just remember, he had long hair and was crazy. His arrive however meant buying another case of cold ones so I was very much a fan of him.

Pro tip: Don't drink and drive just because I did it doesn't mean I condone it. Same goes for k2.

If you ask Mark his favorite memories of Kansas are. He would probably tell you freedom rides, actually I'm one hundred precent confident Mark would say freedom rides because Mark loves freedom rides.
If you don't know how to ride freely you need a car with cruse control, a few close friends, a stretch of road that relatively straight, and the balls to get you're asses out of the cab of the vehicle. Once all passengers are out of the motorized coffin you will begin to feel pure terror of the lack of control you have in the event of an emergency but once you overcome that sense of dread and let go of all worries then just for a split second you'll be free.