Part. Fifteen. Luck.

Love makes people crazy. It really grinds them down. You get to the bare essentials. You learn what's important and you realize excess. It's acceptance of you, them, and the world. That's why it's so terrifying. It's uncontrollable change. That's how you know when it's worth it when it stops being scary.
Kansas finally decided to ask Sarah out at some point when the new mad max was in theaters in 2015. I of course didn't have a life outside of Kansas since Nicholas was gone and Mark was in love or depressed it was hard to tell.
So I followed them around at a safe distance to not be caught snooping by her but also seen present by him.
  Breaking news everyone. They were fucking cute. The big blockhead with his tiny little date. It made sense visually for them to be together like puzzle pieces.
Kansas was always and probably still is an simplistic man with simplistic wants. Luckily Sarah liked simple. The opening of doors, The respect of boundaries, the pulling out of chairs. All those super simple little things that all scream "effort". Kansas was a master of all forms and it swept her of her feet because it's all she wanted.
The synergy was apparent as I watch them watch the movie from a few rows back, well stoned.
She wanted to be worked for and Kansas put forth the small things that count. She wanted a big, strong, badass. Kansas was the poster boy. He wanted a girl with a nice butt, Sarah had a nice butt. They both watched to be high and they were great at that.
  I watched the little gears fall into place and the connection bloomed like clockwork. It was the real things that kept these two interested. It was a real life Nicholas Sparks, expect it was good. (Sorry not sorry).
She was a miracle. She put up with his tacky comments that I grew fond of. She was a fly in a spider web but he was a mouse sleeping with snakes. They were both screwed.
If you want to see if the relationship is real watch the couple fight. Kansas taught me that without realizing it. He played it off well but when they weren't alright you could see the pain in his presence. The discontent in his eyes. It physically hurt them to not be on good terms for the raw fact that they cared.
I was lucky enough to see that amount of passion, be in the room with that energy, sleep next to that love.
Luck brought Sarah into our lives, lucky also she was just right for us and even more tragically just right for him in the moment.
I haven't been a part of a lot of things on my life, even then most of which are fake. Complete plays put on by actors who are only performing to keep the house lights on, why because the dark is a scary place. So maybe that why I hold stalking that date so highly on my favorite moments. Our group was real. Their date was real. Our memories are honest depictions of ourselves and I was lucky enough to help create them, even luckier to be there from day one.