Chapter 6

AFTER A LONG week of medication and being lazy, I'm finally able to go back to school.

Yay, (note the sarcasm).

So after I wake up and shower, I walk to my room in a towel. I grimace as I look down at my arm brace. It's black with velcro holding it tightly against my wrist. I need to wear something that won't look too bad with this. 

I grab some denim black jeans and pull them on and then grab a cute sweater (its loose so it won't really mess with my brace) with stripes on it. 

I look good but somethings missing. I grab the necklace off my dresser and sling it around my neck. I throw on some mascara and concealer under my eyes before moving out the door. 

My concussion has healed okay, but moving too fast hurts sometimes, so I go slow down the stairs.

Mom is in the kitchen humming a song (terribly I might add) while cooking scrambled eggs. when I get downstairs. 

"Hey, mom!"

She stops humming and turns to me with a glorious smile.

"Hey, hun, how do you feel?" I take a moment to think and respond quickly.

"Fine. Why are you so happy?"

My mom is usually always happy, but today she looks like she's glowing.

"Well as you know, your birthday is in a week, and I was wondering if you would like to go on a little vacation," she says with excitement breaking through her voice. I nod and smile, excited about my birthday now. 

"Yeah, that be fun. Where are we going?"

Mom puts the eggs on a plate and squirts ketchup on them, just how I like them.

I know it's gross, but don't judge until you try it.

"You decide."

"Well I haven't been to the beach in a long time, and I would really like to get a tan," I walk over to my plate and hit my brace on the counter shortly. "Uh, scratch that, let's go to an amusement park or something," I say instead because I don't want a tan line or anything.

"Good idea," mom compliments.

"Thanks," I say taking a bite of my yellow goodness.

"You can take Cara if you'd like."

I smile and nod my head.

"I'd like that."

I finish my eggs and say bye to mom, and walk outside and throw my backpack into my car.

Yes, I got it back from repair shop while I was healing. It turns out my battery was dead because I left my lights on all night.

Stupid me.

But my battery is fine now, and it runs fine.

Oh did I mention I have 04 Mustang GT?

I love American cars, and ever since my dad taught me to drive my Mustang, I fell in love. A year later he gave me the car for my birthday, a month before he died. So I love my car like I love my diary.