Chapter 7

~Kay Kellers P.O.V~

SITTING ON MY cars hood staring at the ocean waves is my favorite thing to do.

The cliff is my absolute favorite spot. You can see surfers, couples and sometimes a few weddings. I love it. My father always took me here. 

"Open your eyes, Kay, nothings going to hurt you," my dad said as we were walking to the cliff front. At the time I had the worst fear of heights. 

"But dad, if I open my eyes, an earthquake could come and knock me off," I said when I was ten. 

My father chuckled.

"Always the negative, Kaka." 

I smiled at my nickname. It's what Derek used to call me when we were babies, well when I was newborn and he was about two years old. 

"That's what you love about me." Ten-year-old me retaliated to my father. 

"I love every piece of you," Dad responded and wrapped me into a hug. 

I sniffle to myself now in the present and shift off my car to look over the edge to watch a little surfer come to the shore. 

When he makes it, he smiles and runs to his dad. 

I'd say the kid looks around the age of ten. His mom comes over and hands him some ice cream, and I wonder why the kid isn't in school.

"Kay!" A familiar voice shouts.

I turn around and see Cara running towards me. 

She's crying and wraps me in a hug so strong it takes my breath away. A gorilla grip hug.

"Are you okay?" I end up crying because of how much she cares for me. 

"I'm perfect. Just sad," I respond playfully. Cara rolls her eyes but giggles against me. 

"Then you're not perfect," a voice suddenly comes from behind us. I startle away from her to look at Cruz's pretty face. I pull away from Cara completely and turn to see, Noah and his group all slowly walking over. Noah looks tense, but when my eyes meet his, a relaxed smile gets sent my way. 

I smile and hug all of them. Noah's arms wrap around me perfectly and I find myself snuggling into his warmth. The smell of peppermint litters my nose and I take a deep breath before pulling away and turning to James. 

"No, I'm better now,"  I say as I hug James. 

Cara squints at me teasingly for hugging her man and I laugh a stuffy one as she gets up and wraps an arm around his waist. He wraps an arm around her shoulders. 

They really did hit it off, and Cara is always telling me how she thinks she's already in love with him. 

I smile as they peck each others lips, and then long for someone to do that to me.

"You know? I want some pizza." Cruz says totally out of the blue. 

I look him weird and then shake my head. I wrap an arm around his waist and walk to my car.

"Then let's go!" I shout, and they all whoop. 

Noah comes over to me quickly. I look at him as his eyes stare at my hand wrapped around Cruz's waist. A smirk zooms over my face, quickly washing away as Noah's blue eyes meet mine and he grabs my free hand, pulling me away from Cruz effortlessly.

"I'll drive." He says as the rest walk off to Cara's Fiat

Man, I really wish I could've seen them all squeezed in there.