Chapter one

John Watson. The captain of the football team. The one all the girls crave, the one the school dotes on. He is the perfect man. I deduce he likes dogs, and that he has an older sister called Harriet. He goes to bed at 9:45 each night so he can be less tired for the 8am football matches every morning.

And then there is me. The scrawny uninteresting chemistry student who doesn't speak to anyone unless forced. The pale ugly one that everyone runs away from, the one with the glasses too big for their face and their brain to large for anyone to understand.

My brain is a puzzle. It's the most complex puzzle anyone normal would never be able to solve. I know how to deduce people. Child's play, but everyone calls me a stalker. I am not a stalker. I am a learner. I observe. My brother always says I need to stop being so weird, but he is the same. Strangely he never says his deductions out loud. I do. All the time. It seems to make people act differently towards me, but I'm not really sure what they are feeling.

I am not good with feelings, but when I see John Watson my stomach flips and it feels like electricity is running through my veins.

I think this is what you would call "love"