Chapter twelve

I carried him all the way home. Creeping into the house and laying him on his bed. Careful not to wake him. He was so cute when he was sleeping. I felt the tears streaming down my cheeks. I had to leave. I had to go. I wiped my tears and kissed him on the top of the head and climbed out the window, climbing down the window frame and dropping hard. A light went on and I panicked, running. I ran into the forest, hearing the police sirens and people behind me. I needed to go faster. FASTER!

I awoke to the sun shining through my window. I felt like something was wrong.. Then I realised. Sherlock. We met last night, one last night. I sat up slowly, thinking hard. It must have been a dream. I sighed and got up to get changed and i walked downstairs to get some coffee. I had moved back into my parents house, unable to cope with being at the campus.

I poured the coffee slowly, thinking hard. How? How was it so vivid? How did I remember every single detail?

I yelped as the hot liquid hit my hand. I cursed while running my hand under the tap. Then something slid through the bottom of the front door.

I walked towards it, and picked it up. A card. A small card with writing on it. It looked like a business card, but when I looked closer I felt my throat close up.

"You idiot"

Another card slid through the door. I picked it up carefully.

"It wasn't a dream"

With trembling hands I opened the door to see no-one there. I looked around before closing the door.

Another card slipped under the door.

"It doesn't work like that, you can't ever see me again"

I quickly rushed to the kitchen to grab a piece of paper. I cut it into little cards. I slid my first one under the door.

"You idiot"

I heard a chuckle.

"Stop stealing my lines"

It continued like this until dark. I heard a sigh.

"I have to leave, goodbye John"

With a heavy heart I slid the last card under the door.

"Goodbye Sherlock"

I heard the footsteps, travelling away from the door. I opened the door slowly to see the figure dissappearing into the forest.

A letter lay and I picked it up, and began to cry.

"I love you"