Chapter One- part one

Trey's POV

I just left from seeing Boss, one of the kingpins out here in L.A. I been working for him since I was fourteen years old. Growing up without parents, I had to find a way to get out living with family member after family member. He helped me get out my situation, but he ain't damn near a father figure to me. Even though, at the age of nineteen, I'm the best at what I do, he still treats me like shit. I deal with it because without him, I would be dead.

I stopped at the red light, watching everything around me. This girl standing at the corner caught my eye. She looked around my age and was crying.

The light turned green and she started running like hell. I knew something was up because she had a backpack on and kids were still in school.

'Should I help her?' I thought to myself. By how she was running I could tell that she needed someone.

She stopped under a bridge where cars still pass. I slowed down and thought about it for a second. I made a u-turn and pulled up next to her.

"Are you alright? " I had hopped out the and stood in front of the open door. She just stood there. I guess she was in shock that a nigga  just swooped on her.

"I saw you running and I wanted to see if you was alright." She looked about seventeen or eighteen and was cute as fuck. She was light-skinned, curly hair and a bomb ass  body.Then I looked at her shirt...

"What happened? " Her clothes and hands were stained with blood. I ain't gon' lie, I was scared as hell.

"Can you help me please, "she spoke under her tears," I was just trying to get away and..." She broke down crying.

"Damn, hop in the car, "I hope I ain't giving a killer a ride, cuz if this girl don' killed someone, my ass getting locked up with her. She grabbed her backpack and got in the car before I could put a foot in. I could see she was desperate for help. I got in, start the car, and drove off.

I looked at her starring at her clothes and crying. She didn't look like she could hurt anybody, but looks could be deceiving (as I learned from my grandmother). To stop her from crying, I tried to start a conversation.

"What's your name?" I kept my eyes on the road.

"Lanelle, " she said lowly," and yours?"

"I'm Trey," there was silence," so, I ain't trynna start nothing or anything like that,but why you covered in blood?"

"I rather not talk about it."

I took a glimpse at her and looked back At the road, " well you in my car with blood on you; I think I have the right to know."

She sighed," I don't remember much. I just remember this girl in my face and I held all my anger in until I blacked out. When I kinda woke up, I saw blood everywhere and panicked so I ditched school. " She started to cry again.

"Aye, quit crying. You too cute for all that shit, " I looked to see if she smiled.

"My bad," she said, smiling while wiping away her tears, "I've never been in a fight before and I don't know if she's conscious or not."

"I feel you, but she started the shit. You had to do what you had to do," I could feel her starring at me. I continued to drive.

"How old are you?" I decided to ask.

"I'm fifteen."

" You fifteen for real?!" I couldn't believe it, her body said different. Damn, why she gotta be young.

"Yea i'm fifteen," she chuckled.

"You look older."

" I get that a lot," she smiled. I smiled back at her. My chances with her is gone now. I'm not about to mess with a minor and get locked up. I can be her big bro, I guess.

I pulled into a shopping center and parked in front of a store.

"What we doing here?"  She said.

"We here to get you some fresh clothes. "

"How am I going to explain new clothes to my parents? "

I smirked," How are going to explain bloody clothes to your parents? "

She looked at her clothes then the store across from us, "Shit. "

I laughed, " think sometimes. "

She sat there for a second, " are you paying for it?"

"Hell nawh I ain't paying for it!" she looked  at me as if I had hurt her feelings," i'm playing, girl." I nudged her.

"Man, don't play like that." she nudged me back. I could tell she was comfortable around me.

" Come on before I change my mind."

"But my clothes. "

"They ain't gon' say anything, it's not even a lot like what you think it is" she looked at me with a concerned face.

" Trust me."