Chapter SEVEN

Lanelle's POV

"Where Trey at?"

"He said he was going to be here soon, Granny."

"Tell that boy to hurry up. I wanna see him before I go to bed." I sat across from my grandmother, listening to her rant about Trey and I. I loved my granny, but I hated when she talked about me and Trey being in a relationship. I trusted Trey when he protected me, but not my heart. I've seen how he's treated girls and best believe he ain't gon' do that shit to me.I text Trey so he could save me from my grandmother.

Me: where u at?

Trey: I'm parking now. come open the gate

I notified my grandmother that Trey was here and went outside to get him. I walked through the courtyard to barred gates. Trey was already standing there with a bouquet of flowers.

"Aww! Those for me?" I opened the gate to let him in.

"No," he said nonchalantly. As he started walking in, I closed the gate in his face. I crossed my arms," I want flowers."

He chuckled," these is for your Mo'ma. I bought you something that could last forever. Something that could-"

" Ok I get it," I said while opening the gate. He stands there for a moment. Staring at me with desire in his eyes.

"Are you coming in or not?!" I tried to grab his attention but he still seemed in a daze.

Trey's POV

"You look hella good," I stated. She just laughed and grabbed me by the arm to pull me inside the gate. She wore her hair down in long soft curls that stopped in the middle of her back. She had on stone washed jeans with a light beige crop top. She always dressed like that, but it was like I saw her differently. She gave me a new feeling.

As we were walking to the house she stopped and ran to two dudes I've never seen before.

"What's up, cuz?" one of the niggas said. Lanelle was acting different then what I was use to. She was acting like them. Her stance, the way she spoke, she was straight hood. She walked to him, giving him that handshake where you pull in and bump.

I just stood there. I was surprised at how she was acting, but I also liked it. It showed that she was comfortable with guys and she wasn't trying to be like that just to get close so she can fuck, unlike some bitches I've been with.

"Trey! Come meet my friends." I walked over there trying not to look or act so protective. It was her birthday and I didn't want to invite her friends to this party and they was shitting bricks because of me.

"This is Trey, my best friend" I was disappointed that she called me her friend but I forgot we weren't together. She continued, " these my niggas Shaun and Manny." I acted cool, but they seemed nervous as hell.

"Aye yo, Nell. Take those flowers inside. Ima talk to yo friends for a sec." I was gonna invite them to this party, but I needed to see why they was acting weird.

She raised her eyebrow," what you about to do?"

"Nothing. Just talk."

"Trey don't do nothing to them, please," she pleaded.

I laughed ," I'm not gonna do anything, damn." She walked away. As soon as she went inside these niggas started pleading for they life.

" We didn't know she was your girl...We just grew up together....We wouldn't fuck with what's yours."

"Stop!" I barked. They quickly shut that shit up, " we not together. We real good friends. I'm not tripping, just don't fuck up her day or y'all won't see another one."

They nodded in response. They such bitches. They acting like I've killed someone before, but I will shower a mutherfucker in bullets if they fuck with Lanelle.

" Relax. I see y'all special to Nell, so I want y'all to come to this party I got for her over here on the North side. Bring anybody and some games for the Xbox so we can play."

"Alright," we fist bumped then walked away. then I remembered..

"Aye! Don't tell her what I do. I haven't told her yet," they nodded.

I walked into the house to have Lanelle and her grandmother look at me like I had shit on my face, " boy where was yo ass at?!"

"I was talking to Lanelle's friends, Mo'ma," I reached down to give her a hug. She was the most funniest and most caring woman I've ever met.

"Where have you been? You don't like me anymore?" she joked.

I chuckled and sat down next to Lanelle, " we good mo'ma. I've just been caught up taking care of me and Nell."

They both smiled, " mhm. When y'all gonna get together and quit playing?"

"That's what I'm saying," Lanelle hit me on my head.

"We not getting together anytime soon, Granny. He be-"

I covered her mouth, " she just confused right now, but we together. She just don't know it."

Mo'ma laughed," y'all gone get outta here and celebrate her birthday."

When I gave her a hug goodbye she whispered in my ear, " you win her heart. She knows you love her, but you ain't showing it to her how she wants to see it. Get her before someone else does, and make me happy..."

~~~

I walked with Nell to her car. Then I remembered something " so what's up that cuz shit. I know you ain't banging."

"Calm down. We used to say that a lot when we were younger and it stuck," I nodded, " and what did you do to my friends?"

I smacked my lips, " I didn't do anything. I invited them to the party to play some games and shit. That's it."

She got in her mad stance and stared me down. She knew it would make me talk.

"Alright, I only threatened them a little, but they cool. I was just making sure they didn't fuck up anything."

She shook her head and smiled, " you always threatening somebody. I knew when you said "just talk" you was gonna do something."

I thought a what she was talking about and laughed. The last time I said that, I whined up stomping her bitch ass ex out. He deserved it tho. He cheated on her and thought I wasn't gonna get to his ass. I told him if he fucked with her feelings, he wasn't gonna want to hear "Trey" or "Lanelle" ever in his life because he was gonna shit himself every time.

"He deserved it tho."

"But everybody doesn't," she got in the car, " I'll see at the party."

I walked to my car. Maybe I was been to overprotective. I wanted her to be happy at all times; like Mo'ma wants it to be. I need to quit playing and tell her how I feel. Maybe after the party...

***VOTE&COMMENT***

Do y'all think it's too soon for a sex scene?