Chapter EIGHT

Trey's POV

The party was packed! Everybody was there including Nell's friends I invited. Nell was on top of a table dancing with her girlfriends and shit. They was all fine, but Lanelle is the one for me. It's not even about what Mo'ma want anymore, it's about what I need. I realized that Lanelle is my life and I couldn't live without her. I never knew I could have feelings this strong for someone.

Me and my nigga, Mod, went over to the gaming area to play and smoke for awhile.

"You see anybody in here you taking home tonight?" Mod asked while passing the blunt.

"Nah, man. I'm done with that. I don't have time to be messing with all these females."

Mod looked at me, " don't tell me you trying to settle down now."

"Is that a problem?" I started to get defensive, " bullshit aside...I love Lanelle and its time to keep it real with her. I know it bothers her knowing I'm with all these females but-"

"But exactly, nigga," he took the blunt back, " you've fucked all these girls out here and you think Lanelle just gone be cool with that. I can tell Lanelle loves you, but these bitches out here ain't gone let that relationship slide. They gon' be all in her face and shit. Taunting her and shit, and all that; it's gone come back to you."

"You saying I shouldn't be with her?"

"No, I'm saying know where yo heart is at before you fuck with hers."

I sat back and took that all in. Even though he never had love and never been in a serious relationship; Mod knew what he was talking about. All I could do was nod and give him dap.

I watched around. Makin sure no one was trying to fuck up my soon-to-be girl's day. Everything was cool besides me. Every nigga in the party was on Nell, but I trusted that she knew how to take care of herself, so I just sat back and let some thot dance on me.

Soon Lanelle and her two friends from earlier came over. She sat on my lap, sending chills through my body, but I kept it cool.

"You've been sitting here this whole time?!" she said while playing 2k.

"No, I stood over there. "

She laughed and turned around," you alright? "

"Yea, I'm cool, " Nell always knew when something was up, and I never lied to her. I always told her, even when I shouldn't have.

"You thinking about something?"

"...you."

She looked at me for awhile, then smirked and turned around. She knew I was telling the truth, but she wasn't taking it seriously. I know the shit I've done is what stops her from believing me,but it'll change. I wrapped my arms around her,and felt her jump. I chuckled and watched her play.

Lanelle's POV

Trey had left, leaving Shaun and Manny with me still playing games. I noticed they seemed a little uncomfortable.

"What's up with y'all?" they didn't respond, " if y'all scared of Trey, there's no reason to be."

They looked at each other and started bursting out laughing, " you must be very clueless, bruh. "

I raised my eyebrow, "what the fuck you mean clueless?"

"Calm down, you don't know what he does. You're the only one that doesn't know," Shaun stated.

"Then tell me," I then found out that they couldn't say. Trey threatened them if they told. I wasn't even shocked, " I don't care what he does. He's always been there and I wouldn't leave his side. I know he selling dope. "