Chapter 7- Emotional rollercoaster

-3 days later-

I haven't spoke to Justin since he shouted at me without telling me what was even the matter with him. I had spent 3 days in my room alone, trying to phone him, text him, everything. But he wouldn't answer. I had been walking to school because it would be awkward and in lessons he would make sure I got in first so he could sit at the other end, as far away from me as possible.

Oh and Becca. She broke up with Justin 3 days ago. At least thats one thing for him to be happy about. She had had about 4 boyfriends already since her and Justin broke up. Well I wouldn't exactly call them boyfriends.

I walked into class, surprised to see Justin was already in before me. He was getting his stuff out of his bag and putting it on the table. His hair was shaggy and his eyes were black and had bags under them. He looked like he hadn't slept before in his life.

I walked over to him and sat down, he looked up at me to see who it was. When he notice it was me he turned round on his seat, making most of his back face me. I sighed at him.

'Justin it would be nice for you to talk to me you know, I don't even know what I've done. An-and I haven't spoken to you for 3 days now, you know how lonely I have been without you?'

He turned round on his seat so he was fully facing me.

'I-I-I jus-just' Why was he stuttering?

'justin, why are you stuttering?'

He shrugged his shoulders looking down at the table. He bit his bottom lip nervously.

'I just don't know how to say what I need to say i guess' he admitted.

'Justin you can tell me anything, we've been best friends like forever'

'Thats why I don't want to say it, well I do but I just can't Jessica, not at this moment, its the wrong time'

He never called me Jessica, it must be something bad, I looked at him weirdly 'okay then?'

'Wait for me after the lesson? I'll tell you, I just need to say it more privately and figure out how I'm goi-going to say it' He said looking at me.

I nodded at him. Then the lesson begun.

*after the lesson*

I stood at the classroom door waiting for Justin, he was talking to the teacher for some reason. Probably because he wasn't paying attention throughout the whole lesson and he kept staring out the window and playing with his hands or clicking his pen.

Finally he walked out of the classroom and gave me a small smile.

'hey' I said

'hey' he replied

'So what do you want to tell me?'

he didn't answer, he just grabbed my arm and pulled me away to somewhere more private. We were outside behind one of the school buildings.

'so...?' I said to him

'Jess, I-I-I th-think I' he was stuttering again

'Come on Justin just tell me'

'but you might get mad at me'

'why would I be mad at you?'

'Jess I love you!' I looked at him with my eyes wide open, then i realised what he meant. Just as a best friend, but I already knew that?

'Awh I love you too Justin, why were you scared to tell me that? we say it to each other all the time!' I asked him smiling.

'No no Jess, i don't mean like that, i mean i really, really love you. And not just as a best friend.'