Chapter Three

Annie's POV:

I heard Gilly sneak into my room an I sat up in bed. "sorry, I didn't mean to wake ya," she said.

"It's fine I wasn't asleep yet anyways," I smiled, "so, you left lover boy in the other room eh?"

She blushed, "stop it! plus you'll find someone you like soon enough and I'll tease you as payback," she teased.

"Please, my heart is cold as ice, no man will ever fill it," I said coyly, "plus I've got the facial features of a cow."

"Nuhuh! You're really pretty Annie!" she protested.

"You only say that cause you're my friend. now come crawl in bed we have an adventure to partake in the morning!" I cheered and she crawled into bed soon she was asleep. but every time I closed my eyes I thought of Thorin's harsh words, "hardly burglar materiel," or what Dwalin said about the wild being no place for "gentle folk" what if we died? I just signed the paper and dragged Gilly along with. I know I can fight a bit but what if its not enough and I end up not being able to keep Gilly alive?

Soon I heard a knock on the door, I got up, my light white nightgown swirling behind me. "ello?" I asked as I opened the door. "oh hello Kili."

"Hello Miss Annie, the sun is rising and it's time to get up, would you wake miss Gilly and get ready?" he asked.

"Sure thing," I said with a yawn and rubbed my eyes.

"Nice nightgown Annie, where'd you get it?" Kili asked, he leaned against the wall and hooked his thumbs in his belt.

"Oh uh, it was my mother's. let me go get Gilly," I smiled and closed the door, that was awkward. "Gilly," I said gently as I shook her.

She mumbled in her sleep. "Gill, Kili just tried flirting with me, it was all in his body language."

"What!?" she asked sitting up.

"Yeah, I felt really awkward. anyways, its time to get up we have an adventure to go on!" I cheered. then I started to get dressed. I wore some brown trousers and a white shirt with some suspenders. I put a belt on and grabbed the sword from my closet. I got it from Bilbo a few years ago. Gilly went out into the foyer to grab her bag and get her clothes.

GILLY POV:

I sleepily walked out into the hall to find my bag of clothes. Humming softly to myself i let my fingers reach out and glide on the wall next to me for support. I was in a nightgown that went down to my ankles and it had long sleeves, it was very comfortable. Finally i spied my bag and shuffled over to it, pulling it up i found it was a bit heavy and i lost my footing. I shrieked and awaited the ground beneath me, but it never hit.

I felt two strong arms wrap around me and i fearfully looked up. My gaze softened when i realized it was Fili who had caught me. "Gilly, be more careful." he shook his head and put me on my feet. "Thankyou Fili." i smooched his fuzzy cheek and sped off into Annie's room to change.

From inside my bag i found all of my supplies, and more importantly, my clothes! I scooped up my clothes and stripped down to my under clothes. As i put them on, i started to imagine what the journey would be like. But one morbid thought kept coming up, "Would we survive?" I huffed and shook the thought out of my head. Annie questioned my antic,but i just shook my head and replied, "nothing. Do i look okay?" She got up from her bed and looked at me up and down. "Hmm. I think so. But it will hardly matter what we look like."I nodded and smiled as she pulled on her last bit of clothing. Then we returned out into the foyer to meet the rest of the company.

"ah girls, are you ready to leave?" Balin asked as we entered the room. We both nodded, "yes mr. Balin." i answered. He chuckled, "Alright. Gilly, please go find Fili and Kili. We are to leave in a few minutes. Annie, I think it would be wise for you to wake your brother." Balin prompted and walked away. Annie looked at me and i to her, we nodded and separated to do his bidding.