Part 22

"No, Maddie, she can." She says and I look at her confused. "The day I left treatment, I signed a paper that if I were to ever come back, that I couldn't sign myself out. Only mom, Eddie, and Dallas can. I have to go." Demi explains and my mouth falls open. This can't be happening.

"Demetria Devonne, let's go!" Mom yelled at a crying and shaking Demi.

"M-mom p-please. I-It wasn't m-mine." Demi sobs, but mom just dismisses her.

"Cut the crap, Demi. You messed it up this time." Mom says coldly and I look at her.

"You know what mom? Do you see your daughter right now?" I yell "She's shaking, and sobbing! And all you care about is throwing her into some treatment center that she doesn't need to go to! The blades weren't hers! They were mine! Demi will be fine, but you can't rip her away from us and throw her in treatment, especially when Dallas is in the hospital in a damn coma! How selfish can you be?!" I scream and mom just looks at me. Then, she pulls out her phone. I sigh in relief. She must be calling Timberline to cancel Demi coming.

"Hello? It's the mother of Demi, she's scheduled to come today? Yes... I would like to see if there's another available bed in the room? I need to check in my other daughter also." Mom says and the world around me spins. I feel myself falling over when comforting arms grab me and pull me onto their lap. I start sobbing uncontrollably.

"Shhh it's okay b-babygirl. W-We'll get through this. It'll be o-okay." Demi's shaky but still angelic voice rings through my ears.

"She's a m-monster." I say to Demi and she nods.

"I know. L-lets just h-hope D-Dallas wakes up soon. She can sign us both out." Demi says and I nod in reply.

"Let's go, get in girls. I'll go pack your bags." Mom says and closes the car door, heading back into the house.

"My career is over." Demi mumbles. "All of my fans, seeing how much of a failure I am. There's no second chance this time. It's over." Demi says.

"No Dems it's not. Dallas will check us out probably tomorrow." I say to Demi and she shakes her head.

"No, Dallas won't know that we need to get out. We won't be able to communicate with the outside world for 48 hours." Demi says and my mouth drops open.

"Two days?" I say, tears falling down my cheeks. Demi nods, pulling me close to her.

Demi's POV
I can't believe I'm going back to timberline. All the nurses will think I'm a failure. Maddie should not be going. She's almost 14, there is no way she will be able to handle timberline. What she needs is support and help from Dallas and I, and I was planning on taking her to my therapist. I don't know what is going on with mom, but it is not my mother.

Mom opened the trunk and threw two suitcases in, closing it and walking to the driver side. Maddie and I sat in the back. "I.... I don't know who you are, or what's going on, but this is not the mother I grew up with. This is not the mother who I look up to and who has supported me through everything. This is not her, and it's scaring me." I say to mom and she completely ignores me.

We arrive at the airport and board our plane. The whole time Maddie and I silently cry with each other while mom keeps giving us glances. We get off the plane and take a cab to timberline.