4. Making my way downtown

Chapter 4. Making my way downtown

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I was so grateful that I didn't have to go to school today. It was an in-service day which meant the teachers had a whole bunch of meetings to attend. It must suck to be a teacher.  I used to want to be one when I was younger, but I stopped once I found out they don't make a lot of money.  I want to be able to support my family as much as possible when I get older.

I woke up at ten today and got up and got ready. I was now walking around downtown with my head phones in my ear. The song "Best I Ever Had" by Gavin Degraw came on. I loved this song. I was making my way to an ice cream place when I saw a sign that said,"60% off entire store." Me,being the curious person I am, had to go find out what store this was. When I went around the corner I noticed it was Dicks. I have the best luck ever, I'm in need of some new soccer clothes and cleats.

As I made my way inside the store, I saw Cambree. It turns out she was in need of some new soccer clothes as well. I got ten new headbands, two pairs of cleats, three pairs of shorts, and seven shirts only for the price of fifty-two dollars. I was proud of my accomplishment. I saved over seventy dollars with all the deals they had going on. My stomach was growling loudly, and I remembered I was going to get ice cream until I saw that sign.

I invited Cambree to come get ice cream with me. As we made our way into the shop, I saw the back of someone familiar sitting at a table with two girls and three guys, counting him. Cambree noticed me staring and asked,"Why are you staring at Matt like that?" She went on,"you look like a creep now turn your head and find out what kind of ice cream you want." She said smirking at me.

After ordering my favorite cotton candy ice cream and her favorite rainbow vanilla, we sat down at a table far away from Matt. I, however, had to sit at the side that was facing Matt. I was eating my ice cream when I felt eyes just staring at me, and they weren't Cambrees. I looked over to see Matt looking at me. When he notice I saw him, he gave me a smile. With that, there were butterflies gathering in my stomach.  These Kaley boys sure know how to get those thing fluttering.

Once we were done with our ice cream we left to go to the park that we went to yesterday. It was nice having a friend to talk to, I thought. I thought that I would move here and have no one to talk to.  I guess I thought wrong. When we were swinging, we talked about how hard it was going to a Catholic school. It turns out, Cambree went to one when she was in middle school.

We walked back to our houses talking about random things. At some point, we were even talking about Drew. She said that he was one of those guys who is a jock and thinks he's tough and all that. I hated people like that, they were so annoying. She also said that there really isn't a "clique" in their school, besides the jocks. This was a good thing, now I don't have to worry about snobby girls coming up to me and bullying me.

We were finally back at our houses. We said our goodbyes then went inside. I saw mom in the kitchen, she was making dinner I believe. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a drink.

"What did you get me?" She said with a hopeful smile.

"I'm sorry, I didn't get you anything." I said with sadness in my voice.

"I'm just kidding Sky!" My mom said giving me a hug. "I bought you a dress to wear to school tomorrow, I think you will really like it!" She said as she handed me a bag from Charlotte Russe.

I opened the bag and pulled out an adorable dress. It was a dark blue skater dress.

"Thank you so much, I love it!" I said as I squeezed her into a hug.

"You're welcome, go lay out your clothes for tomorrow please, and then go tell your brother to come down for dinner." She said as she set the table.

I decided on wearing the dress my mom gave me, with a pair of white flats. When I went into my brothers room, he was sleeping. I shook his shoulder, but he wouldn't wake up. I did it again and yelled,"Dinners ready,now wake up!" With that said, he woke right up.

I went downstairs and saw that it wasn't just my family eating dinner at our table, Cambree, Jeremy, Liam, and Christian were here too. I guess their parents went out and so did Matt,Jace, and Drew. My mom invited them over for dinner so that Cambree wouldn't have to cook.

"Hey Drew lover." Liam said to me,making everyone giggle.

"Wait what?" I said as I felt my face get red.

"Drew told me that you love him." He said covering his mouth.

I slapped my forehead with my hand, and sunk in my chair.  Oh boy this was going to be a long dinner.  I looked around the table and saw my pap smiling at me, I politely smiled back.  Then, I ate my food.

When dinner was over, everyone left.  I had to help my mom with dishes, and clean up before going to bed.  Dinner wasn't all that bad after all.  Liam and Christian actually have very good manners.  They seem like nice kids.  

When I got up to my room, I started to think about my life back at home.  I wonder how the girls are doing, and if they are staying out of trouble.  That reminds me!  I have to call Faelynn!  I grabbed my cell phone and dialed her number.  It went straight to voice mail.  I hung up the phone and sighed.  That's so weird, its only six on a school night.  She must be taking a nap, or something.  I stayed awake until nine-thirty, waiting for her to call me back.  She never did, I guess I could try tomorrow.  I closed my eyes, and it was probably about another hour until I fell asleep.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

picture of Drew to the side

What do yah think? Who does she like?team Myla or team Dyla or is there a possibility of team Jyla? 

Vote!

Comment!