Chapter 17

The next morning I woke up feeling confused.  Memories from last night invaded my mind and I had to stifle the gasp that almost escaped my parted lips.  Dane's warm body was next me.  If I woke him up, then we would have to talk about what happen between us yesterday.

And what happened between us was a simple mistake. Our attraction got out of control because of our hormones. 

I didn't want him wake up nor did I want to face the music so I eased up into a sitting position.  Instantly, I winced as my muscles felt sore. 

"Good morning," Dane whispered, catching me by surprise.  I felt a warm shiver travel down my spine at his sensual voice.  How could a man have such a voice?

"Good morning," I returned with a smile.  I tried my best to avoid eye contact with him as I settled for looking at my hands.

"Did you sleep well?" he asked.  Besides crying over spoil milk, I had to admit that I had a good night sleep.  It was probably how his warm body curled against mine or the fact I haven't felt safe in a long time.  Most of the time I slept alone.

I was always alone.

"Yes," I answered him.

He groaned and he cupped my face with his hands, pulling me down to meet his lips.  He kissed me with a passion and it was flaring between the both of us.  I felt an arm wind around my waist as he pulled me tighter to him.  His other hand curved at the nape of my neck, holding my mouth to him.

How could I resist him?  This man knew how to kiss a woman senseless.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he groaned.  He rolled us over until he was above me.  He licked my nipples until they were swollen and aching.  I ran my fingers through his glossy hair, feeling his tongue swirl around one of the swollen tips before he nipped at it.  I arched against him as I whimpered.  A familiar ache blossomed between my legs.

Dane continued to move down.  His mouth left a trail of fire along my stomach.  I writhed below.  Then I felt his hot mouth at the juncture between my thighs.  I felt him push my legs farther apart and I glanced down at him with shocked eyes.

"No, don't!" I protested.  There was a flash in his eyes, almost something predatory before his mouth descended on my private place.  My eyes widened more if possible before I closed them and gasped as his tongue entered me.  My head sank back into the pillow with the instant pleasure he invoked in me.  With every thrust of his tongue, my hips rose to meet it.  His tongue sent electric signals throughout my body until I could hardly breathe properly.

Just when I thought I couldn't take anymore, he pulled back, quickly moved up and thrust into me.  His whole length filled me.  With a cry of sheer ecstasy, I flew straight into an orgasm.  My head was thrown back, my mouth opened in a silent scream of pleasure.  The sensation rocked through me as my eyes closed.  His mouth closed over mine as I continued to float in a heavenly place.  He plunged one final time in me and released deep within me.  He grunted before he fell heavily over me.  His heart was beating so fast against mine.

I could have never imagined Dane waking such pleasurable sensations deep within me.  Most of my life, I shied away from good looking men, believing I wasn't worth their time.  Then there were the men I tended to fall for who usually meant bad news.  But Dane felt so different.  He gave me a reason to hope that he was different. 

Maybe he was the one.

Dane raised his head to look down at me.  I held his face and kissed him.  My mouth was still shaking from the force we shared with each other.  As our breathing turned to normal, he kissed me on the cheek so gently that I sighed happily.  My arms moved to encircle his neck.