Chapter 3

•Sonic•

"Come on, Tails! We've gotta get this done before Amy gets home!" Sonic hissed at Tails. His voice muffled because of the black suit and hood covering his face. His body was full of anticipation, he had been challenged, and he wanted to win. "I'm trying, it's harder to fly with two bags on my back." Tails hissed back at him, his voice also muffled.

Sonic couldn't stop his excitement. His foot was tapping rapidly and the roof of Knuckles' neighboring house. "I'm going to get Amy something, she'll love it so much."

Tails landed beside Sonic, huffing and puffing from exhaustion. "I think Amy said that 'Emi' wanted 'Nikki' to get a job. Then she'd be happy." Tails smirked mischievously. "You little snoop!" Sonic playfully punched Tails on the shoulder. "She'll be more happy when I steal some earrings for her." Tails rolled his eyes at Sonic's reply. "Whatever you say, Boss."

About an hour later, Sonic and Tails were jumping out of a window. A gun shot was heard firing behind them. "Woohoo!" Sonic couldn't help yelling. "I feel so alive!" He laughed.

He and Tails ran as fast as a rabbit back to their home. They were both out of breath when they were halfway back. "Sonic, slow down, take a moment to breath."

"But Amy-"

"-Will know somethings been up if we show up sweaty and out of breath." Tails reminded him. Sonic was disappointed at this. "And I packed our clothes to change into so we don't walk inside like this." Tails opened up one of the big duffel bags and threw Sonic some pants and a shirt.

"I hate that you're better prepared than me." Sonic undressed quickly and put on a stripped shirt and jeans. "Remember to put on 'Nikki's' glasses." Tails laughed at Sonic.

Sonic placed on a pair of realistic looking glasses. He decided to also scramble up his hair a bit more. "Do I look like I just stole hundreds of dollars?" He asked Tails with a smile.

"You look like you wouldn't even be able to lift a stick off the ground." Tails smiled back at him. "Then this is perfect!" Sonic and Tails both casually strolled out of where they had been hiding.

Sonic nudged Tails' arm. "Make casual conversation with me." He whispered at him.

"Uh... So, when are you getting a job?"

Sonic narrowed his eyes menacingly at Tails. "Whenever I feel like getting one!"

Tails shook his head, grinning. "She's going to be mad, Sonic." He told him nonchalantly. "So what? She's been mad at me before. She can't do anything to me."

"Except leave." Tails mumbled quietly.

Sonic stopped dead and turned around to face Tails. "Don't you dare say that." He whispered angrily, trying to not cause a commotion. "She wouldn't dare leave me! She needs me!"

Tails shut his mouth, a slight hint of fear in his eyes. "You've got to learn how to keep that muzzle of yours shut. One more slip up like that and I'll grind you into the dirt, got it?" Sonic growled. "S-Sorry Boss, won't happen again, s-swear!"

Sonic backed down and continued walking his previous path. "She needs me, she wouldn't leave." He thought to himself, but with each thought came a counter-thought. "I need her more than she needs me. Without Amy I'd be lost..."

Sonic tried to drop the subject on his walk back home, but he couldn't quite get it out of his head.

•Amy•
Amy walked in through the door happily. "Sonic, sweetie! I'm home!" Amy smiled and turned back around to lock the front door. Amy's ear twitched when she hadn't heard Sonic's response. "Sonic?" She called again, sounding a bit uncertain.

"Hello-"

"BOO!" Sonic grabbed Amy's shoulders from behind. Amy jumped and swiveled around to see him laughing. "Ugh! You always do that to me!" Amy huffed and crossed her arms. "Anyways, we've been invited to a party. I was hoping... That... Maybe we could all go?" Amy asked Sonic and handed him the invites.

Amy studied Sonic's face as he read over the letter. She crossed her fingers that he wouldn't put up a fight and let them go.

"No. Too dangerous." Sonic declared and neatly folded the invites back in the envelope. "Too dangerous, how?" Amy asked and now, crossed her arms. "It's too many people, Amy. I'd loose you- I mean, you'd loose me in the crowd."

"But Sonic! It's for a client and they-"

"No, Amy, we can't go." Amy growled angrily at Sonic. "What do you mean we can't go! We've been invited to someone's party and you're being rude by not attending! I'll go with or without you!"

"No you won't, Amy! You are not leaving this house! I have my reasons for not letting you go-"

"I'm not a little girl, Sonic! I can take care of myself! No one knows who we are, or what we've done. Please, let me have some fun for once." Amy's mad voice died down to something Sonic could barely even hear.

"These two years we've been here... Every day has been the same. Breakfast, work, come home, dinner, sleep, that's all I've done for two years. I don't even know what you do when I'm gone. All I want is one day to be different."

Amy looked up at Sonic with sad eyes. "Damn... Not the puppy eyes!" Sonic sighed at Amy. "Fine, we can all go, but you have to stay by Tails or myself."

Amy's face lite up as she jumped up and down. "Oh thank you, thank you!" Amy wrapped her arms around Sonic and kissed his cheek repeatedly. "I'm so excited!"

"Yea... Me too, Amy." Sonic gently smiled at her. "When is the party?" He added. Amy bit her bottom lip and shrugged. "I don't...exactly know...look on the invite." Amy suggested to him. Sonic unfolded the envelopes and opened the invites.

"You are cordially invited to a party at the Echidna household. Wonderful scenery and decorations will be spread across every aspect of our humongous house. Please follow these instructions.

•Attire: Fancy
•Place: 867 ******* Dr
•Date: 9/19/**
•Time: 4:30 P.M."

Sonic looked at Amy, who was still smiling happily. "Looks like we're going to a party!"

______________________

HIYA GUYS!
LOOK WHO TOOK LESS TIME TO FINALLY UPDATE?!
YOU'LL NEVER GUESS THE AWESOMENESS THAT IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN IN THE LATER CHAPTERS!
...
Unless you end up guessing correctly...

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A FABULOUS DAY