Chapter 14

•Amy•

Amy felt something cold on her forehead. She heard mechanical sounds all around her, and a faint beeping noise to her left.

---
"Sonic?" Amy whispered, her vision still blurry. "Amy! You're up!" Sonic shouted happily, running to her side. Amy shut her eyes and covered her ears. "Oww..." She said, pain in her voice. "Oops, sorry." Sonic whispered and held her hand.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, still keeping his voice low. "You know, the usual, just really tired." She answered. Sonic couldn't stop staring at her, and Amy couldn't bring her eyes away from his either.

"I was scared, Sonic."

"I was scared, too."

"You?" Amy repeated herself, "you were scared?"

"Yes, I didn't want to loose you. I was scared I'd never see you again. I fought the way you told me to. I fought without using him." Sonic smiled at her.

"I'm proud of you, Sonic. When I get out of here, promise me you'll do me one favor."

"Anything, name it and it's yours."

"Get a damn job."

Sonic laughed and nodded. "Done, I'll get a good, honest, regular job, and we'll live somewhere safe in a rural community."

Amy smiled and laughed, only to moan in pain and clutch her body. "Why does my body hurt? I only fainted, right?" She asked Sonic, still wincing from pain. "Uhm..." He remained silent, contemplating wether to tell her the truth or not. He didn't want to scare her, she was going through enough as it was.

"Sonic?"

Amy was interrupted by a knock on the door. Without waiting for a reply or an okay to come in, a doctor walked in.

"Hello, is this... Amy Rose?"

"Yes," Sonic and Amy said in unison. "Well, how are you feeling?" The doctor asked her. "Good enough," Amy responded. "Just tired, like, abnormally tired."

"That's to be expected you were in surgery for about an hour."

"Surgery?" Once again, Sonic and Any spoke at the same time.

"Uh... Yes... To get the poison out of her system. Weren't you told?" The doctor asked Sonic. "No, no I wasn't! I was told she needed to be watch for observation and rest! That damn-"

"Sir calm down, please. No matter what you were told, you're wife is completely fine.  All traces of poison are out of her system, she's going to be tired and needs a lot of rest." The doctor explained to Sonic. Amy sat up, her eyes wide in fright. "Poison? I was poisoned?" She asked. Sonic went back to her side and hugged her. "You aren't anymore, it's okay, you're fine." He told her as he rubbed her back. "Just take a nap, okay?"

Not knowing what else to do, Amy nodded and laid back down. However, she didn't go back to sleep.

"You can take her home in about... 3 hours. Let us just run some more tests and get some vitamins she'll need." The doctor smiled warmly and left the room.

Sonic sighed and rubbed his hands through his quills. "Amy?" He said, turning back around. "Yeah? Is everything... okay?" She said breathlessly. Sonic smiled and nodded, kissing her forehead and rubbing her hair gently. "You're amazing, you know that?"