XV More Lies

Hi everyone! So there's good news and bad news. I'm uploading a special chapter called "Psychiatrist's Notes" this Friday which will give you a look at Lexa from another person's view. However, I am taking a break for two weeks so the next chapter won't be uploaded till the 3rd of September! I'm really sorry its just cause it's my birthday on the 29th and all my family from overseas is here! I hope you guys can forgive me. Anyway, here's the next chapter which continues straight on from the last one. Its quite short which I apologise for. Do you guys like POV of other characters (eg. Archie)? Personally I don't like them at all but if you guys want me to write a POV maybe from Archie's view just for one chapter let me know. Anyway, rambling on now so enjoy and forgive me for the short and unedited chapter! Lexa above.

***

I sat, shaking in the chair, sweat running down my back. This couldn't be good. What had I done now? My mind flashed back to me in Sydney, being called to the office. Had I done something I didn't know of. I raked my hand shakily through my blonde hair. I felt like I had to throw up so bad. The teacher I'd never seen before had lead me into the office and I had no idea why. Was this about the speeding incident and escaping from "prison"? I shivered at the memory. No, it can't be. Suddenly,the door swung open and a man I recognized as the principal strode in. He was atypical principal, old and greying, except his suit was crinkled and he lookedlike he hadn't laughed in 200 years. He saw me shivering in the chair and was taken aback for a moment. Maybe he realized I was the wrong person, I foolishly thought.

"Alexis Fox?" he asked monotonously. I could only nod. I still had no idea what this was about. Maybe Archie told the school some lie about me. The principal nodded and sat down in the seat behind the desk. I'd never seen this little office before; so suffocatingly small.

"Okay Alexis. I'm going to ask you a question. The police are waiting outside and I'd rather you tell me first because they are very scary people. Alexis..." he sighed audibly. I prepared for the worst, clutching my stomach harder. Although the medication works well at suppressing the attacks, it, if anything, makes me feel sicker in times of anxiety.

"Miss Fox, are you being cyber-bullied by students at this school online?" he asked. I looked up at him suddenly, a very concerned look covered his face.

"What?" I asked, not comprehending what he had just said, but realisation flooding through my body. The Facebook post. Serena. That's what this is about.

"Are you being bullied Miss Fox," he said seriously, leaning over his desk to study my reaction.

"I-uh," I stuttered. Should I tell them? "I-can-can I have a moment to think please. I don't feel very well," I murmurred. He nodded, quite clearly thinking.

"Very well. You can have 2 minutes." he weakly smiled, striding back out the door and letting it shut with a click.

"Should I tell him?" I had thought. I knew I should. It was the right thing to do. They had bullied me. But then again Archie said he had "dealt with it". But Archie hadn't, had he? The thoughts ran wildly through my head. Everyone could get in serious trouble here and I'm not sure if that's what I wanted. My life was going okay at the moment. Not great, but okay. I don't think I could deal from the backlash from Serena, regardless of the justice I would get. Suddenly, my phone buzzed in my pocket. I reached for it, looking to see an unfamiliar number pop up on the screen and underneath the words:

"If you tell them what happened bitch, It'll only get worse. Lie for me and I promise I'll leave you alone. For a bit at least."

I knew it was from Serena the moment I saw it. I'd decided. I had to lie. I couldn't risk Serena doing more to hurt me. It was too good not to refuse her offer. Maybe if I lie, she'll really leave me in peace to focus on my schoolwork and my new friends. That way my mum wouldn't know about everything either. It would only make her more upset. Yes, I couldn't make her more upset.

I'm sure at that point the meds had kicked in. I don't know what I was thinking, lying to the police. The principal and the police walked in shortly after my long thoughts.

"Alexis, do you want to say something?" the principal had asked, looking sideways at the female and male officers standing in front of the door. I don't even remember what they looked like, let alone what I said. All I know is that I lied. Suddenly the old Lexa was there, taken over from the me I am now. I told them I wasn't being bullied at all. That I didn't know what they were talking about. They must have suspected something but they couldn't take action. I had said nothing was happening. I lied and it was wrong.

***

I sit on my bed after today now, thinking about how wrong I was to lie to the police. Everything could've been solved. I've seen enough documentaries and movies about cyberbullying to know that its not a good idea to pretend its not happening and just lie. It's how people get depressed, how people take their own lives. I rest my head in my hands lying back onto the pillows, sobbing. Why did I do that? I'm a mess. A real mess. I close my eyes and fall asleep.

***

I wake the next day to the midday sun shining through the window panes. My family had obviously not been able to force me to go to school. I couldn't do it. I couldn't go back to that dreadful place. I turn over in my covers, the day before rushing through my head. I'm a liar. A big fat liar. What was I thinking? I'm mad. Mad at everyone, mad at myself, mad at fucking Archibald Parker and his stupid personality and the stupid weed that he smokes. I'm so mad. I roll over reluctantly and get up to get dressed. I feel like going for a walk. I don't often like walking, but right now I do and the pills I've been taking are giving me the confidence to do it. I get, up slipping on a tracksuit, putting on my headphones and blasting music as I walk out the door.

***

I don't know where the hell I am. I got lost. I'm ashamed to admit it. I was just so mad and was walking so fast and far that I ended up in some random street and I'm scared. This street is deserted and the data on my phone is working so I can't get a map up. I'm hopelessly, utterly lost. My vision is clouded too so I rub my head, willing the headaches to go away. And then I cry. Big, fat tears. I'm lost. I'm so lost. Not just physically but mentally too. I need something to complete me. I run. Something tells me to run so I do, my eyes so full of tears that I can't see where I'm going. I just feel my feet hitting the pavement, my body vibrating beneath me. I am running so hard that I run into something. But this something makes a sound. It makes a familiar groan and as I wipe away the tears in my eyes, I see that its none other than Archibald Parker. I stand in shock. But suddenly, he hugs me. Right there. I don't know why he's there, I don't know where I am but somehow it feels right.

***

SORRY! I know its absolute shit. I'll be going back and editing it later this week hopefully.

Here's next chapter details:

SPECIAL PSYCHIATRIST'S NOTES CHAPTER:

Friday 26th August 7:00am CDT (central daylight time USA)

Australia: Friday 26th August 9:30pm ACST (Australian central standard time)

CHAPTER XVI RELEASE:

Saturday 3rd September 7:00am CDT (central daylight time USA)

Australia: Saturday 3rd September 9:30pm ACST (Australian central standard time)