Chapter 4

*Katherines outfit*^^^
Katherine and Elena wake up to a sound of rattling and both sit up abruptly. They nod to each other and get up to go investigate. Elena exits first followed by Katherine whos hesitant.
"Hello?" Elena calls. They both look over the railing to see if anyone might be downstairs but see no one. "Jeremy?" Katherine then calls. They continue looking and then a shadow of something swoops by and you can tell they almost soiled they're pants from just that. Elena then decides shes Sherlock Holmes and heads down the stairs. Katherine slowly follows her ready to attack if need be.
"Hello?" The older twin calls trying to turn the light on but it doesn't work.
"This is Logan Fell coming to you live from the streets of Mystic Falls with breaking news of another deadly animal attack." They look to see the tv on, which is weird considering the rest of the electricity won't work, showing Logan Fell. "The wild animal terrorizing the citizens of Mystic Falls has claimed two more victims, local high school students Elena and Katherine Gilbert." Then it flashes a picture of both Elena and Katherine. "Police are certain that forensic evidence will confirm that this is the same animal responsible for recent attacks." They're both obviously shocked and confused.
"You know it's coming next." A voice is heard and they turn to see Damon standing a few feet away from them. Thet turn to run out the door but once its open, Damon is standing there. They scream and slam the door and turn again to see him again standing by the kitchen. Both scream again and try to cover their faces hoping that none of this is real. When Katherine looks up again she sees that he's gone and turn to see Elena still shielding her eyes. She touches her tiwns arm to tell her its okay when Damon comes again and bites the eldest neck causing her to scream. He then lunges for the younger gilbert twin when--
~~~~
Stefan sits up gasping at the nightmare he had about the twins hes grown to care for. When he looks to see his brother sitting in his room
"Bad dream?" The cocky Salvatore asks his still frightened brother. "You know how easy it was to get in your head just now? You really need some human blood. It might even the playing field. Football reference." Damon continues taunting his brother. "Too soon?"
Stefan the vamp speeds to a table and throws a knife at Damon hitting him in the abdomen causing no effect to the human drinking vampire. Damon then pulls the knife out causing some blood to pour from the wound until it heals.
"Alright, I deserved that." The elder brother looks to his still pissed brother. "But I just wanted to let you know, they caught the culprit. The animal responsible for killing coach Tanner and all those people."
"What are you talking about?" Stefan finally speaks knowing his soulless of a brother was the murderer.
"It was a mountain lion. Really big one." Damon gestures with his hands mockingly the size of the creature. "It attacked a hunter this morning. It's all over the news." He then mocks the news, "Deadly beast captured. Alls well in Mystic Falls."
"Why would you cover your tracks?" Stefan asks suspicious of his brothers actions. Damon smirks and walks around a bit before answering.
"I've decided to stay a while. I'm just having way too much fun here with you and the twins." Damon says messing with Stefans things.
"Can't touch them now." Stefan answers quickly grateful they have vervain.
"Well, the vervain keeps me out of their heads. Maybe that's not my targets. Believe it or not Stefan, some girls don't need my persuasion. Some girls just can't resist my good looks, my style and my charm and my unflinching ability to listen to Taylor Swift." Damon keeps walking towards his brother and when he finally makes it to him, uses the dagger he threw at him, to stab him in his abdomen. Unlike the human blood drinker, the animal blood drinker did have an effect to the pain. He falls to his knees grasping the weapon in his wound tightly.
"This is Joan Varvatos, dude." Damon says looking at his bloody and ripped shirt. "Dick move." He says leaving the room and Stefan who rips the dagger out of him and wait for his wound to slowly heal.
Katherine p.o.v.
I head downstairs fixing my hair thats in my jacket, pulling it out when I hear the famous Logan Scumfell topic.
"Did your mom ever tell you why I moved away from Mystic Falls?" She asks Elena.
"Oh, no way." Elena says smiling at Jenna while I smirk knowing why and that I'm aunt Jennas gossip buddy.
"You and him? Hes cute." Elena says taking a seat at the table. I walk away from them already knowing how the love story of Jenna and Logan end. Before I am about to open the door, the doorbell rings. Hm. I open it to find my sisters future honey behind the door.
"Hey." He says looking up at me and smiles. Today I actually have my hair semi straight so he probably thinks Im Elena. I chuckle at him.
"Its Katherine." I smirk at him and he frowns the smiles laughing at the common mistake. "Its okay, it happens alot...Elena!" I call out. Elena then comes and smiles at Stef pulling him in and kissing him. Ew. They head upstairs and I chuckle heading out the door.
~~~
I head into the grill and notice not alot of people I know here. That is until I see Tyler and his parents. I turn my face hoping they don't notice me but of course they do.
"Katherine, sweetheart!" Carol calls to me, I put on a smile and turn to them. "Come join us." She smiles big. I awkwardly come over and sit by Tyler. We talk for a bit when Vicki heads over and tries to get Ty's attention, its obvious Carol doesn't like her and neither does Charles. I see Care and Bonnie come in and I smile to them saying goodbye to Tyler and his parents.
"Like...?" I ask Care when I hear her say something about Damon and Stefan having some real deep-rooted drama.
"Im really not supposed to say anything." She says looking down.
"Caroline Forbes, when have you ever kept a secret in your life?" I ask her looking at her with a sarcastic look.
"Okay. But you can't tell Elena." She says looking at both of us.
"No." Bonnie says and I nod promising not to tell her.
***
"Care, I swear, if you don't hurry up I'm going to burn your clothes!" I shout to Caroline whos hogging the mirror. She finishes and smiles.
"Im done calm down." She giggles giving it to me. I decided just to curl the ends of my hair letting it look all formal. Once I'm done I go to Care and twirl.
"What do you think? Good?" I ask smiling and posing for my best friend.