Chapter Four ~ Love and Hate Are Two Different Things... Or Are They?

Chapter 4 Love and Hate Are Two Different Things... Or Are They?

Ethan takes my hand. "Well let's go." I nod, looking around at the people who were already staring with shocked looks on their faces. I glance down to avoid looking at all the stares not even noticing that we were already at the front doors of the school.

Ethan opens the door, walking forward a little bit so l could get in without them having to let go of each other's hands. As soon as the door shuts behind them I see it like a chain reaction. One girl hits the one boy, then he hits the other boy and so on until almost everyone in the hallway was pointing and talking really loud. But not laughing. They weren't laughing. 

"See? It's fine." Ethan says, smiling. I nod, a smile coming to my lips. 

"Daniel!" I hear someone scream. Ethan and I look to see Chelsea bounding towards them. 

"Oh no..." I mutter. Ethan laughs. 

"What the hell?! When did this happen?!" Chelsea exclaims. 

"Chelsea! Why did you run away?" Luke yells, running over to her. Before he says anything else he sees my and Ethan's hands interlocked together. He looks for a few seconds before he breaks out into a grin. "No way..." 

"I know!" Chelsea squeals, jumping up and down. 

"Moved a little fast though..." Luke says with a chuckle. 

Chelsea smacks him lightly on the shoulder. "No it's not! It's perfect! You know Ethan, when I first saw you and told Daniel I said you two would be perfect together!" She wiggles her eyebrows. "Guess I was right."

"Really?" Ethan says with a sly smirk, glancing at me. 

"N-No..." I mutter. I didn't know whether I was denying what Chelsea said or just saying anything to detract from his face heating up.

Ethan chuckles, tightening his hold on my hand. 

"So! Did you two kiss yet?!" Chelsea asks excitedly. 

"It’s been a day of course they haven't." Luke says, smiling, but it quickly fades as he sees Ethan smirk. Luke raises an eyebrow. "Seriously?" 

Ethan shrugs. "Daniel seemed a little confused when I said I liked him, so I had to open his eyes a little." 

"Awe! So cute!" Chelsea exclaims. She grins, elbowing Luke lightly in the arm. "Now it's your turn to kiss David, so his dense ass can finally realize you like him." She says, causing Luke to blush.

"Chelsea, I don't think kissing him would make him realize it. David would probably think it was some foreign form of greeting." I said, rolling my eyes. Chelsea chuckles, even Luke gives a smile. 

Ethan laughs. "Is he really that dense?" 

"Hell yeah he is." Chelsea says. "One time people thought he was gay... to Luke's happiness." She added, smiling. 

"Wait, why did they think that?" Ethan asks. 

"Well, every girl that tried to ask him out he would come up with a stupid response. So, some guys came up with the idea that he was gay. One of the guys went up to David one day and said he couldn't believe that David was gay." Chelsea tried to contain her laughter, while Luke and I were already laughing. "Well David's response was 'You can't believe I'm happy?' The guy was like, what the hell? And, David was like, 'Well, in English class recently they told us that gay meant happy.' So, David smiled and patted the guy on the back, saying, 'Thanks for asking, I’m very happy.'"

Ethan bursts out laughing. "S-Seriously?" 

I smirk. "Speak of the devil."  Chelsea chuckles when she sees who I am gesturing at.