Chapter Nine ~ Leering Eyes

A/N: I'm sorry. As I told a user issues have come up. I'll explain. In July, I was doing driving school, passed my driving test, was held up with Cross Country and being depressed, because I was injured with shin splints. In August a friend of mine passed away. School became stressful and my English teacher basically told me that my writing sucked...

Well, whatever. Enjoy some Obsession!

ALSO! The lovely new cover was made by ReiLovesHaru!♥

Chapter Nine: Leering Eyes 

•Robert's POV (The next day) •

I sit down at my desk, my head in my hands. It hurts.

Damn. I hate getting old.

Suddenly, my door bangs open. My head shoots up as I see my secretary, looking extremely scared.

"Dammit! Jill! I told you to knock!"

"I-I know sir! But, there's a new case!" She exclaims, her eyes tearing up.

I shrug. "Okay?"

"I'm s-so sorry sir." She says, holding out a file with shaking hands.

I take the file, a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. Looking up, I find Jill had vanished.

The file in my hands suddenly feels very heavy.

I pick at the edges and fully open the file. My eyes widen. My jaw goes slack. At first I can't comprehend what I'm seeing. All I know is everything in my eyesight goes blurry as I feel the tears well up.

The picture paper-clipped to the file was of a boy. A boy who turned 17 not too long ago. A boy who I had just visited. My boy...

My son...

"Daniel...?" I whisper. I look at the description of the case.

Forced entry. A struggle. Kidnapping...

"Daniel!" I scream, jumping up from my chair. I grab my cellphone from my desk, looking for her number. Clicking on her name, I hear a few rings before she picks up.

"Robert?" She whispers on the other line. Her voice sounds broken. The voice of someone who just lost a child.

My shoulders slump. "W-why didn't you...?"

She lets out a sob. "I-I tried calling everyone to get to you last night, but you didn't pick up!"

"I-" Shouldn't Jill have gotten the message? Why didn't anyone find me at my office?

"Someone took him Robert!" She screams.

"I-I know. I'm coming over to check the house out, okay?" I feel hot tears spill over my cheeks as I hang up with no goodbye.

I grab my coat off the back of my chair and rush out of my office, not even bothering to lock the door or not even close it for that matter.

Danny... I'm coming!

•Ethan's POV•

Daniel...

Oh, God... Where are you?

I sit up in my bed, looking over at my alarm clock that tells me it's barely 3:00 in the morning. I sigh. Guess I won't be getting any sleep again tonight...

I pull the covers back and get out of bed, rubbing my eyes as I walk out of my room and down the stairs.

Daniel has been missing for four days. Four. Days. I thought of a scary question recently that I have been thinking about for two of those days. What's happening to him?