Chapter 6 - Liam

I think this is better than the last chapter.

I’m surrounded by people, people who are looking for Christmas presents. Everywhere around me are lights, plastic snowflakes on the walls, on the ceiling. There are a couple of pine trees here and there with lights and holiday decorations. Although I love this holiday I am not in the mood to hear joyful Christmas music.

There are so many people around me but I still feel alone. I really need to keep my mind occupied by something else before I become crazy.

I look around and I see a store with toys for kids. It’s a good idea, I can buy a present for Niall’s little nephew, Theo. I know Niall and I don’t get along right now but I’m sure things will get right soon enough. I mean, we can’t be mad at each other forever right? Plus, Theo isn’t involved into this problem and the boy’s family are my family as well.

Seeing the toys make me remember of the ones I used to play with when I was younger. I don’t know how but I end up in the book section. I open a couple and look though the pages. These are so cute, sometimes I wish I could be young again, it’s less complicated. I grab one last book and I pick one about a girl whose dream is to be a dancer. I open it a look at the pictures, the girl in it has brown and curly hair and I get flash backs of me and Danielle cuddling on the couch watching a Disney movie. I shake my head continuously and close the book. I don’t care if everyone thinks I’m crazy but I came here to avoid thinking about everyone else and all I’m doing is thinking about them. I replace the book in it’s shelve and I leave the store.

I walk without looking around me, I’m still in shock, too concentrate on trying not to think about Danielle and Niall. I think I bump in at least four different people. I mumble excuses and so do they. Canadian’s always apologise, even when it’s not their fault. I thought it was just a stereotype but I just witnessed it.

-          Liam be careful!

My eyes widen as I try to find the face of the person who said my name. How could they possibly recognize me? Oh wait, they could, I didn’t do anything to cover my identity. What about the other boys did they do anything? I’m so stupid for coming here alone. I start to panic when I feel a hand on my shoulder but when I turn around I see Zayn’s face and I let out a sigh.

-          You’re not alright… I’m bringing you home.

Why would he say that? I know I’m a mess but only from the inside.

-          What makes you say I’m not okay?

-          Oh my god, you should see your face. I’ve never seen you like this before, you have bags under your eyes and you’re really pale. Maybe that’s why fans didn’t recognize you.

Instantly I bring my hand to my face.

-          How did you guys do so that the fans don’t notice you?

-          We have some makeup, different clothes on and we didn’t hang out together.

I nod and he takes me by the arms and leads me outside the mall.

-          I swear, I’m fine; you don’t have to bring me home.

Zayn ignores me and picks up his phone.

-          Louis, is Harry with you?

After hanging up, my best friend opens the door and pushes me gently inside the car. I lay my head against the seat and close my eyes until the two other guys come in. Harry sits next to me while the others sit in front; Zayn is driving because he said he didn’t feel like getting into a car crash today.