Chapter 20

Lance intertwines our fingers together and leads me outside of the large house. Not many people are hanging out outside anymore but it smells horrible. He opens his car door and ushers me inside, not opening my side of the door. I narrow my eyes at him but open the door and drop inside the seat.

    "How was your trip?"

    "It was boring," he truthfully says. I let out a chuckle and he glances at me. "How... did you and Aaron get together?"

    I shut my mouth and shake my head, not wanting to speak about it. He doesn't further question me about it, thank goodness.

    I dated him just so you could get out of my head, you idiot.

    "Did you find someone there?" I ask.

Please say he didn't find anyone. But that's bad of me; I already got someone. He has every right to get someone, too.

    He shakes his head, "I was too busy composing songs and stuff. I didn't have time. Nor..." He glances at me and softly smiles. "Nor did I want to."

    "I didn't think you would be that busy," I say, destructing the awkward moment of silence.

    "I didn't either," he replies. "Since you already got a guy and I can't make you break up with him to come to me, let's just stay as good friends."

    "Friends? Best friends?" My voice shakes a little while speaking.

    "Best friends," he agrees and lets out a chuckle, sounding sexy.

But I don't want you as my best friend, I want you as my boyfriend.

But it's too late. Why did I choose to date Aaron? Why didn't I trust Lance?

Why couldn't I just wait until he came back?

~~~

    "WHAT! Lance came back?" Silvia yells, while holding tightly onto her pink pillow. We were sitting on my bed and she was demanding me to tell her everything that happened last night.

    "Well, what do I do?" I glare at her.

    "You do nothing. Why're you glaring at me? It's not my fault that you are dating Aaron!"

    "Do you think Aaron and I should break up?"

    "Nah, you would be the bad girl. Just go with the flow. Who knows, maybe Aaron won't like you anymore." But along with my sonic hearing I hear Silvia whispering, "Yeah, like that would ever happen."

    "I heard that."

    "Huh? Heard what?" She plays innocent.

    "Forget it. I'll just go with the flow, then." I flop down on my bed and my phone suddenly rings, indicating I received a message.

    [Aaron] Crystal! Wanna go for some scares?

    [Me] What do you mean?

    [Aaron] I'm taking you out to go to the movies at 7 pm. A horror movie, to be exact.

    [Me] Huh, why horror!? 😱 😓

    [Aaron] 😉 to take embarrassing pics of my little sweetie.💓💖💗💚💛💜💑💝

    I don't reply to his message and just stare at the screen weirdly.

    "Who was it?" Silvia asks behind me.

    "Aaron. He's taking me to the movies," I reply.

    "Why with the sad face? What movie is he taking you to?"