Chapter 10

"Is everything okay Mrs.Lynch?" Abagail asked her. She nodded. "Yes. I'm fine. I just don't know why I try." She said. "What do you mean ma'am?" She asked. She shrugged looking at the papers. She had a new shippment coming in today and Ross had a new business decision to make. He flew out in the morning but he was gonna be back later in the afternoon. "I have a lot of work to do. Abby please keep the house in good shape while I go to run some errands. I have a business meeting later today here." She said.

She nodded. "Will do. Should I alert Mr.Lynch?" She asked. "No. Just keep this between us for now." She said getting up and swinging her bag over her shoulder. "Will do." She said. She smiled and waved goodbye to her. She then made her way to her car. First was picking up the new shippment  then sorting through the new material.  She had to sign all of her employees pay checks and give them a great deal of time. Most of all she had to get through this day without and setbacks of any sort what so ever. She drove off.

She sighed looking at the proposal. "I get that this brings my stocks up 30% of my original but I'm just good with everything that I have going for my market right now." She said. "I know that but this is 100% much better. If you think about it, this is more money for you." He said. "With my company, it's not about making money. It's about giving back to those in need. Yes I have built it and it cost a ton, but it's knowing that I could return the favor to my loyal customers." She said. He sighed.

"So even if we bump it up to 50% of the market sales, you still don't want to sign on to the deal?" He asked. "It's a great offer and it comes with it's benefits but this is what I want for my company. I want it to stand by with its values and its beliefs. We will not change them now just because we could make 7 times the yearly income. It's a great deal but this is what's best for it." She said. He nodded. "Fair enough. And any intention to merge with Lynch Inc. instead?" He asked.

"Oh no. Lynch Corp will stand alone. As for Lynch Inc. it'll be in good hands soon." She said. "What do you mean?" He asked. "I know the value of my company and let's just say Lynch Inc. has it's value too and it's much more valuable than mine for sure but let's be honest, it's only a matter of time before it falls apart completely." She said. "How would you know that?" He asked. "She doesn't. Who is this?" Ross asked stepping into the room. "Oh hello Mr.Lynch. How are you today?" He asked him. He eyed him.

"Great. Now who are you?" He asked him. "Well I'm Saki from Trini Cosmetics and we want Mrs.Lynch's company to merge with ours. We have big plans and we can accomplish them with her help. We'll both create something great for generations to come." He said. "And Cosmetics is something great?" He asks. She glares at him. "We'll we are done here Saki. I'll think about it." She said. "But I thought y--" She cuts him off. "Something great for generations to come." She smiled. He nodded. "Okay. Give me a call once you've decided." He hands her his business card. She nods waving goodbye.

"What was that?" Ross asked. "Business." She said. "In our home? What happened to your office?" He asked. She smiled hearing 'our' but then rolled her eyes. "I felt we should both be comfortable." She said. "I don't like that idea." He said. "Right. Okay." She said putting all the papers into a folder. He placed his hands on the folder getting her attention. She looked up at him. "I'm serious." He said. "And so am I." She said getting the folder back from underneath his hands. "What is your problem?" He asked. She shrugged.

"I don't think I have a problem." She said continuing to clean off her desk. "I'll be in dining hall. Dinner is nearly ready." He said. She nodded not looking into his eyes once. He studied her for a few more seconds. "Is there anything else I can help you with?" She asked. He shook his head and walked out. She looked at the documents for a moment. Maybe this was a good thing. Maybe it would be better than signing to merge with her husband, well ass of a husband for that matter. She pressed the pen to it but it didn't move. She sighed and put it away.

It was awkward at the table. No one made an effort to speak. She just picked at her food. "You should eat something." He broke the silence. She looked up at him then looked back down at her plate. "I'm not hungry." She muttered. "Why not?" He asked. "Don't act like you care. You couldn't give a damn about me." She said. "That's not true." He said. She rolled her eyes. "Tell her I don't want any dessert. I'm turning in early." She said getting up. "Laura." He called. She ignored him and kept walking.

Slowly she laid back down onto the soft mattress. She raked her hands as she felt the emptiness next to her. She closed her eyes just as the door opened. It was then shut. She ignored it and turned on her back. "I'm sorry." He said. "Alright. You can leave." She said. "Laura. Why are you so cold?" He asked. "I don't need to map it out to you. Now I advise you to leave my bedroom before you regret you ever walked in here." She said. "I'm not going anywhere until we talk." He said sitting at the edge near her feet. He was serious. "Fine." She sat up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Comment and Vote!!!!!
~Ash❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤