Chapter 18

She sat at the table right across from the bride to be. Amy just eyed her like a hawk stalked its prey from above. Laura swiftly moved. She was surprised that the doctors let her go home so soon. It was only because she promised to take care of herself more which was a lie. She was back at it again. Running errands and especially busy. She basically returned to before the incident. Her main goal was to do exactly what it was she said she was going to. And that's exactly what she did without a single issue at that.

"Can you not stare at me?" She asked politely. "Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I'm just curious." She said to her. She forced a smile then got up. "Where are you going?" She asked. "The office. I have new fabric to produce." She said. "Ross said you can't leave." She reminded her. Laura rolled her eyes. "Ross isn't the boss of me."She said. "He's just worried about you." She tells her. "What for? He doesn't need to be. I'm not his wife anymore. He needs to focus on you two. I hope you guys are happy." She said.

"We are happy. And he cares about you. You can just tell because of how worried for you he was." She said. "Yeah yeah. And I'm grateful to you both. But I don't need your pity. Get married already and go live happily ever after." She said looking at her wrapping gift bags for their guests. "Are you giving us your blessing?" She asked. She thought about it for a little bit ignoring the excruciating pain in her heart. She nodded slowly and smiled at her. "Yeah. I guess I have to." She said. "Why?" She asks her. She shrugs.

"Ugh...Enough already." She said. "You need to take it easy." He said. "I have work to do. There is a lot for me to get done. Your fiance already stared at me all day." She said. He shrugs taking her hands and sitting her down. "Relax. This will all still be here when you recover." He said. She glared at him looking at their arms. He moved away and sat across from her. "You need to focus on recovering. That's all you need to focus on." He said. "No. There are children out there freezing to death. I need to make them better clothes." She said.

"You can do that after you--" She cut him off. "Do not finish that sentence." She said. Hs sighed. "I'm just looking out for you." He said. "Funny considering you couldn't stand even the thought of me just days ago." She scoffled. "Laura..." He started. "Ross.." She mocked. "You need to take care of yourself." He said. She got up. "I don't need you to tell me that. I have always took care of myself. Look at where I am today." She walked away. Ross shook his head and ran his hand through his hair.

"How is dinner?" Chef asked. "Brillant. Fantastic." Laura smiled. She smiled back at her. "The soup needs a little more flavor but it will do." Amy said. Laura rolled her eyes. "Ignore her. It's completely fine thank you." He praised her. She smiled and walked away to let them have their meal. "I want to know something." Laura said. They looked at her. "What is wrong with you two?" She asked them. "What do you mean?" They asked at the same time. "Exactly that. First its the constant Laura monitoring then this weird talk." She said.

"It's not weird. We are just looking out for each other." Amy said. She looked over to Ross who just shrugged. "Is that what we are doing now? I mean Ross can go now. You can also leave with him. What I don't understand is why your both still here?" She asked. "We're here because were worried." He answered. She chuckles. "Please. She couldn't care less than she already doesn't. And you couldn't wait for me to end things. Now that I have, you won't get the fuck out of my face." She said. "Laura!" He shouted. "What?!" She asked.

He stares at her. She looks between the two. "Is there something I should know?" Amy asked. "No/yes" They said at the same time. Ross looked at Laura who looked at Amy to look back Ross. "Okay then. Please tell me what it is." She said. "Well.Where do I begin? Hm..I remember something about the night before you came." She said. Ross averted his eyes away. "Did something happen?" She asked. Laura smiled. "Yes. I was actually happy. I thought maybe things were gonna go back to how they were but then reality struck me hard." She said.

Amy stared at Ross confused. "I knew it was never gonna be that way again. So I promised myself." She said. "What did you promise yourself?" She asked. "That I was gonna be strong. No matter what." She said. "Wow. And you let her go Ross? What a shame." Amy smirked. "I'm heading out." She said getting up. "Laura.." He started. "Let her go. She made that clear for you. You need to focus. Our wedding is a few days." She reminds him. "I know. I'm sorry." He said holding her hand. He kissed it and she gave him a smile.

"I actually wanted to talk to you about something." She smiled even bigger holding his hand. "Sure. What's up?" He asked facing her. "Oh you know. I besn doing a lot of thinking and I think its time. We can make it work. We are capable of doing this." She said. He knitted his brows together in confusion. "What are you talking about?" He asked. "Baby. I know you know." She said. He tilted his head to the side in even more confusion. She rolled her eyes and placed his hand on her stomach. His eyes widen. "Are you pregnant?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So....If you want to get me presents, I love food but no vegetables. Anyways much love!!!
~Ash❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤