Chapter 5

My eyes snapped open and I sat up abruptly, breathily heavily. Pain flared in my arm as I leaned on it and I sat back against Eridors warm stomach, my hand pressed to my chest. I closed my eyes as my head started spinning.

 Gingerly, I pressed my left hand against my temple. I had stopped bleeding but was caked with dried blood. Eridors head was suddenly in front of me his deep green eyes watching me worriedly.

 Young one. The man outside isn’t human, he’s more special, but he wants to help you.

 I stiffened in shock, was he still here.

 Yes, he’s still here.

 Can you hear my thoughts? I asked in my head.

 Yes young one, if you’re directing them at me.

 What is he then?

 I think he is a pixie, and they disappeared with the riders. He says he can take care of your wounds. My fault, all my fault. His thoughts turned sad and sorrowful.

 No it isn’t I said in my mind confidently touching him softly with my left hand. He leaned towards me, his warm breath like a breeze against my face.

 I will see him but stay close by okay.

  I will. I won’t let anyone hurt you ever again.

 I stood up, leaning heavily on Eridors stomach, before he unfurled his wing and stood up next to me watching the man. The sunlight startled me. It was daytime.

  “Who are you? What are you?” I asked cautiously.

 “My name is Narukl and I am a pixie.” I watched him as he took a hesitant step forward.

 “Why did you rescue me?” I asked although I knew the answer.

 “I saw your mark and knew you were a rider. It seems I was right. A rider for a most handsome dragon.” He looked at Eridor. “You are very rare. Male dragons are almost as scare as dragons are nowadays. Especially a green one.”

 I could feel Eridor vibrate with satisfaction next to me. I like him.Of course you do. Everyone likes flattery.

 “Where did you find him?” He asked me his gaze on my arm and head.

 My eyes narrowed. “Why should I tell you? Why do you want to know?”

 “There hasn’t been a dragon or rider for one hundred years. I know you don’t trust me but at least let me tend to your arm and head. It must hurt”

 I nodded and watched as Narukl walked towards me. “There is a river right over there. We should wash it before we do anything else.”

 I followed him, with Eridor right behind me. Narukl was standing by the river. Lowering myself to my knees, I put my right hand in the water, wincing slightly as the fast flowing current stung my wound. Once of the dried up blood was gone I sucked in a breath. The wound was long and deep.

 Cupping some water in my left hand I washed away the blood on my face. The cut there was thankfully small. The only reason I had bled so much was because head wounds bled more than others.

 Once I was done, Narukl walked towards me and gently took my arm wrapping some cloth sound it. I realised that he had ripped it from his shirt. I went from my wrist up to the start of my elbow. Expertly tied so that I could still handle a sword with ease.

  “We won’t put anything on your head. It will draw attention otherwise. I will heal but itself as it is small.” He let go of my hand and stepped back.