Chapter 10: Orientawhat?!

After our break time, the speaker announced that there will be an assembly at the school auditorium to welcome back the students.

An orientation for short.

There will be long and boring speech about how this school year will be the best school year ever. Like our principal said annually.

Like the student government said annually

Just addressed by different persons.

We went to the auditorium ourselves.

Me, Ariana, Avan and Taylor aka Mr. Blueberry. Seriously its kinda awkward to be calling him Taylor since we both have the same name so its better just to call him Mr. Blueberry just to avoid confusion.

Like someone might think I’m calling myself

The auditorium is a huge dome with tiered seats and a huge stage at the front bottom with velvety curtains. More of like you’re watching a concert or something.

Or a theatre or something

The wall are decorated with banners about Nashville Academy being the best academy.

And

Go Blazing Phoenix

And then I saw the school mascot again by the stage.

Man I hate that.

What I like the most about it is that it has very comfortable seats.

And I look forward to meeting again our principal.

He’s the best principal ever.

He allowed the students to not wear a proper school uniform

That’s the reason why everyone of us loves him

Suddenly, an old woman with curvy white hair and pale skin came to the podium. Now that I looked at her. She has that very pointy nose that looks like her parents took the I got your nose game too seriously.

“Ehem Ehem” She said with an authoritative tune and all of a sudden, the murmurings stopped and everyone paid attention to her

“Don’t tell me she’s..” I can hear someone talking at our back

“I would like to welcome you, all students of Nashville Academy, as your new principal!, Principal Howells”

“What The?!” I said. I looked around and they all seemed shocked.

“What happened to Mr. Brandon?” I asked our Homeroom Adviser.

“Let’s just say its a last minute decision” She just frowned and listened back to our new principal.

And the new principal continued to her speech about her background in teaching profession blah blah. I didn’t care as long as she will be the same as our past principal. But then..

“As your new principal, I would impose some changes regarding our school environment.”  She said looking pleased with the students reaction.

“I would impose a formal school clothing as so to say that Nashville Academy is a place of learning with non barbaric students unlike those who has these irritating dress codes that makes me sick. She said with delight as we became more frightened not only by the tone of her voice that sounds like a dictator but also..

School Uniforms? Seriously?

That was like..

90s or something?

The murmurings got louder and louder until our new principal spoke

“I KNOW ALL OF YOU ARE PSYCHED ABOUT THIS EH?” She said that again, stopped all the commotion