What Happened To Us

Eli~

All I could think about is my new friend, I needed someone to talk to. Everything that's been happening. Like who would kill to teenage boys and why. Or are they really dead. I get a text from Spencer telling me to meet him at his house. I was walking from school, already thinking about going to Noah's house. Once I get there I feel a sudden rush. Like I was about to pass out. My eye sight was getting blurry. And I swore I saw Alex walking into the back yard. I quickly followed him and he turned around. To my surprise it was not Alex, but his older brother Jason. What was he doing back here? Back in Los Woods?

"Eli, are you feeling ok?" He asked me, I just nodded not wanting to say anything. Truth be told, Jason and me have always been close. Not in that kind of relationship theory of way but, more like a sibilng type of way. I always relied on him whenever my dad wasn't around. And he always asked me why do I always been friends with Alex. I just told him that it was maybe Alex made me popular and all girls kept sticking to me. Like I was a magnet.

"When did you get back?" I asked him.

"A day before the funeral." He says looking down.

"Well what are you doing here? You do know another family lives here?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I know. I was just picking up some stuff I had left behind. It's crazy, I keep visualizing Alex coming behind those bushes from somewhere. Or you boys out here in the back talking about people from school. I just can't believe my little brother is gone. Jason confessed with a tear streaming down his eyes.

"I know. I keep wanting Alex to show up to school one day and be like surprise." I told him, while hugging him.

The back door opened and I saw Noah coming out with a box. I never realized that this house was so big. It at least 5 doors to come in the house. 7 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms. Like damn, who needs this much room. Noah looked at Jason and then me. He set the box down on the steps and walked up to Jason.

"You must be the gone boy's brother. I'm Noah." He gestured with his hand.

"I see you have no filter, but yes I am the gone boy's brother. I also see you found my stuff. Here." Jason said, handing Noah a 20.

"A 20? Really? Do I look like some little kid pulling a prank on someone? No, ok then." Eli stated

"Well alrighty then, ummmm. I'll see you around." Jason walked off.

"So how did you find out about Jason?" I asked.

"Well I was looking around in the basement and I found something off about it. It was like the wallpaper was coming off. So I pulled off the wallpaper and all this stuff was behind it. Books, tapes, etc. So that's why Jason came." Noah sighed.

"Ok so... How did you know to contact him?" I asked.

"Damn you ask a lot of questions." Noah laughed. "His mother was one of the real estate agents in the city. So I found her number and told her that I found some stuff in the basement. She said that she couldn't make it here, so she sent her son."

"Seems legit, well I'm going to be next door if you need me or do you want to meet the boy next door?"I asked.

"Sure why not."

"let me just tell you that Spencer can be a little intimidating."

"I'm from California, I think I can handle a little pressure."

We walked over  to Spencer house.
________________________________

"ELI!!! Are you listening?" I don't know why he keep yelling. 

"Look I really need help with this project." Spencer complained.

"The Spencer Prescott needs someone's else help for a project. Wow that's a first." Noah said smirking.

"And who might you be?" Spencer questioned while getting up.

"Someone who's heard a lot about you. My name's Noah, Eli's friend."

"Eli next time keep your friend in line before I put him out"

"Wow. Your a real ass just like every one says." Noah spat.

"Yeah a smart ass with some smart hands. You better watch that tone or...."

"Or what?"

"Enough! I had it with both of you." I finally stepped in.

"Sorry. I've just been on edge lately. Everything with Alex and and now someone's threatening us. I can't believe this is our life now."

"I know Spence. We used to be so happy. What happened to us?" Like ever since we met Alex there's been good days and bad days. But he always knew how to keep us close. That's why it's really hard to believe that he's gone. Well, not really. Alex was a bully, but he still didn't deserve to die. Did he?

"Eli, I got to go my mom is expecting me. Nice to meet you Spencer"

"Hehe, yea you too.." I could literally feel the shade when Spence mumbled that.

"Can I stay the night, I don't feel like going to an empty home."

"Mom's working late?"

"Yeah."

"Well there's a blanket and pillows in the closet." My phone buzzed.

Your new friend has a lot of secrets just like you. If you want to know everything about him, go tell Aiden's mom who he's been hide and seek with. And I'm also not going to hide behind a letter. This time I'm hiding in plain site.

"What's wrong now?"

"Nothing." I say, almost sounding convincing, just almost."

"I have a 4.0 gpa, I'm not that stupid is that a text from A?"

"Yea but he said that, he's hiding in plain site now. No more letters."

"Well let's go seek then."

Does Spencer really want to play this game. To be honest, I don't care if my secrets get out, let people talk, it's not the end of the world. I think I just need to sleep this off.