Chapter two

Chapter 2

The trains here aren't the same in South Dakota. This train has beds, particularly because this trip takes about 2 days. I look and see about 16 beds in one room. The room is large but it's only 2 class. The beds are bunk beds, one on the top, one on the bottom. I see that everyone is here so I quickly find a bunk. In the back of the long train car I see two empty bunk beds.

Perfect! I think to myself. I grab my luggage and head down to the bunk beds. Sadly someone has already found the bottom so I quickly climb the ladder to the top not knowing who's in the bottom. I pull my luggage up with me and set it on the other side of the bed. I lay my head on the pillow and try to relax.

I wake up to the sound of train whistles, did I really sleep that long? I think to myself. I move around the bed and down the ladder. I go to the restroom there and wash my face. I drink some water from the cup that's there and head to the bed again.

I go to the bed and notice that there's the man that is in the bottom bunk of the bunk beds. I give him a nod and start to climb up to the bed. "Miss me?" I hear from the bottom bunk as I reach the middle of the ladder. I know that voice, I think to myself. "Henry." I whisper.

"Having fun here?" he says "Cause I am."

I slowly lower myself down off the ladder.

"Long time no see, sweet cheeks." He says in a voice like stone. "Oh I'm sorry do I know you?" I say sweetly."Yes ma'am I believe you do." He says nicely, almost like he's enjoying this. "Oh now I remember you! you're... you're... oh yes! you're a jerk." And the last part comes out as cold as ice.

"Ha ha ha very funny." He says "But I think you have a bigger advantage. You know my name but I don't know yours."

I stood there for a second and thought about it. Should I tell him? I ask myself. Would that be the right thing to do, or should I just give him the satisfaction of knowing it.

"My name is Devon." I lie, deciding not to give him my real name.

"So Devon" he asks coolly. "How long has that been your real name?" I look at him trying not to show shock that he knew.

"Hmm..." He says. "I'm guessing only a few seconds because you so obviously don't want to give your real name to me."

"What?No, my name is Devon." I say firmly. And he squints his eyes at me. "Ok Devon, goodnight." He says with a tired look on his face and crawls into the shadow of the bed. "Goodnight Henry, I hope the bed bugs bite." I say and hop into bed. "Only if they bite you first... Piper." He says and plops his head on his pillow.

Wait. What? Did he just call me Piper? How could he know my name? I haven't told him! I think to myself. There's got to be a way he knew. I look around and realize that when he took my tickets earlier they had my name on it. That's how he found out! I say to myself again. Oh boy I need a hobby, I'm talking to myself too much.

And as I keep thinking my mind wanders off and into a deep sleep.

-----------------------------------------------

HELLO!!! How are you? Well that was stupid you can't talk back to me. Anyway I had a fun week I went on a go-cart and fell off a cliff twice, not on the go-cart though. Fun right.

Shout out to JoScooter for shouting out for me, read there book The Countdown. It's really good (I like Spring the best) shhhh don't tell anyone. Well I got to go to bed it's about 10 o'clock here in the big state of Texas, yes I do live in Texas DO NOT STALK ME PLEASE. Oh and the chapters will be this short but I will have a lot of them.

Goodnight my people