Chapter five

Chapter five

--------------------

The bomb. It was all a fake. I'm just imagining this. I'll wake up any moment now. Henry's ok. I'm ok. It's a dream. It's all a dream. Henry's crazy "they" haven't found us.

Open your eyes Piper. Open them and see reality. See what you don't want to see. This is real life you can't fake it. You're not dreaming.

Just leave me to sleep!

I try to roll over on my side but a sharp pain comes from my arm, legs, waist, you name it. I groan and try to sit up only to have the pain stab me like a million tiny knifes.

I finally get the strength to sit up on the bed but I waver and two hands catch my back and set me gently on the bed. "I...hurt...so...bad..." I say in between breaths. "Oh honey you will for a long time, I'm so sorry this happened to you." Says an old nurse in a sincere voice.

"What...where...is..." I start but the nurse interrupts me. "Oh the boy he's in the other room. He's worse than you, poor thing." She says and shakes her head.

"My question is why would anyone want to bomb this train in the first place." She says and checks the monitor on the screen.

"I was thinking the same thing." I mutter but even speaking causes a new surge of pain into my stomach. "Hmm well no talking for you anymore, and no standing or sitting up for that matter." The nurse says and draws out a clipboard and starts to write on it.

After the nurse is done she tells me the doctor is coming and just to rest for a hour. Yay. The boredom is hurting me just as much as the pain. I look around and see a wheelchair in the corner of the room.

I slowly, and when I mean slowly I mean slowly, get up and hobble to the wheelchair. The pain is excruciating. I check myself over and find large bandages all over my legs and arms.

I sit in the wheelchair and start to push myself to wherever Henry is. The other room, the nurse said. Well that could just right about be that room over there and the other and the other one across from mine.

Well, time for a scavenger hunt.

I check the door to the left of me first, but there's only an old man. I look on the other side and find a little child on a breathing tube. I go across from my room and open the door. I see Henry on the medical bed out cold.

I look at the clipboard they have on the bottom of the bed. Client: Henry James Clepper. Medical status: left leg broken, major injury on right arm, gash across face, 4 ribs broken, internal bleeding and lots more. Outcome: probably won't make it a week, maybe two.

I gasp at the last part. Won't last a week? Maybe two?! I try to speak out loud but the words only come out in a whisper. "I'm sorry Henry, I'm so, so very sorry."

The tears start running down my face. "Please Henry I've had a lot of people leave me in my life. Don't be one of them, please." And I hold onto his hand, pulling it up to my face. "Please" I whisper "Please."

I sit there for a moment reflecting on what I did wrong and regretting every single moment of it. I hear the door open but I don't bother to see who it is. "Piper!" The nurse says. "This is where you've been! we've been looking all over for you!"

I stop crying and look at her. "What dear?" she says. I look at the clipboard and then back at her. She goes over to read it. She looks confused at first as to why I'm crying but then she gets to the end and a look of utter sorrow comes across her face.

"Oh I'm so sorry." She says. "But you need to get out, you're not aloud to be in here." And I look at her in shock and disbelief that she would say that. But then I look behind her and see other doctors, so I know she doesn't mean it.

I look back at her and shake my head. I grasp tighter on Henry's hand and spread my feet apart. But she grabs the wheelchair and try's to pry my hand off of Henry's. I give in and the pain of her pulling is hard to bear.

I get to the room and slump in my bed, falling into a hard and treacherous sleep.

---------------------------------------------------

Hey you guys I'm really tired so you're welcome Mackenzee (my friend who's MAKING me write this so late at night) Do you like the chapter? I wrote this when I heard a dear friend of mine is going to pass away in a week. She is so amazing and has accomplished so many great things. So sorry if this chapter was on the sad side. Vote, comment, the usual. Do it.

Goodnight my people