1.0 • T h e i r D e m o n s

Evie

My vivid red hair stood out when put against my black long sleeved dress and plain black combat boots. I had been dressing like that a lot lately, subconsciously almost, dark and plain. My style was just reflecting my mood I guess. I had not been to a party in a while, which was strange considering I used to be out every night before I started dating Logan. He was older (22 to my seventeen) and he didn't really like my group of friends, plus he had started working three months into our relationship, when we had moved in together and four months later he still did work most of the time and he didn't like me doing anything without him.

"Babe!" I turned my head at his voice, stopping my movements and bringing the eye liner pen away from my eye. He walked into the room, doing up a tie. "I just got a last minute call, I have to go into work."

My recently filled in eyebrows creased. "It's nine at night."

He shrugged. "You know what the office is like, besides, father said that the new order has drove him crazy, a lot of paperwork."

"Okay." I said before starting to apply the eye liner again on the opposite eye.

"Are you not going to take all that off now?" He asked, his voice firmer than it had been just a few seconds ago. My whole body involuntarily tensed.

"I'm still going to the party, I've told everybody I'm going now." I said while shaking my head and speaking nervously.

"You know I don't like you going to places like that without me." He said sternly.

"It's just one party, Lo. I haven't been to one for ages." He looked me up and down, staying silent for a short while before nodding stiffly and taking a few steps closer to me.

"Fine." He grabbed hold of my wrist roughly, squeezing tightly making some pain run up and down my arm. I didn't flinch though, I was used to it. "But don't be back too late and don't get drunk."

"I wont." I said quickly, praying that he would let go and leave quickly and not start anything more serious. He put his hand on my chin forcing it up so he could look in my eyes, he placed a rough kiss on my lips before walking out of the room, I stayed still until I heard the front door close. I finished my makeup before grabbing a my leather jacket and walked out of the door and around the corner where my friend who I had not seen in ages were waiting. I ran towards them all and was embraced by four sets of arms, Sofie and her boyfriend Lance, Fred and Billy.

"It's been way too long!" Sofie squealed as we stood their with our arms around each other and it was true we had went from spending every single day in school together to me leaving college because Logan wanted me to and never seeing her

"It's been way too long!" Sofie squealed as we stood their with our arms around each other and it was true we had went from spending every single day in school together to me leaving college because Logan wanted me to and never seeing her. Same with the boys.