1.8 • I m B r o k e n

*Trigger warning

(This Chapter is overloaded with gifs)

Evie

2 weeks later

The hotel light was dim as it always had been and I wondered what it would be like when I saw bright lights again, maybe I'd be like Gizmo, if I ever saw light again. I was beginning to wonder about my death because honestly I couldn't see myself getting out of the hell hole I was in and I couldn't see Logan letting me go. I had been living like shit, scared and worried because I didn't know what had happened to Michael or if he was okay. Logan had been hitting me, of course, he was punishing me for cheating on him and doing what I did even though now he had made it clear to me that he had been doing the same thing.

All of the times he told me he was working late he had been seeing Shelby, his receptionist and she was just as vindictive and evil as him. He had took to bringing her to our hotel sometimes and having sex with her which would be fine, I wouldn't give a shit who he was sleeping with if he hadn't been shutting me in the room and making me listen as some form of tortue, like he thought it would hurt me, not just disturb me. She wasn't special to him though, she wasn't enough just like I hadn't been because he didn't just want her, he wanted me too, the only difference was that I wasn't willing to give myself to him.

He walked out of the bedroom, Shelby was in his bed probably still asleep and I was on the floor of the living room facing the door wishing I could get out, my fresh bruises stinging like hell.

"Breakfast." He ordered at me. I stood up slowly not having the energy in me to disobey him and get myself injured.

"For just you or Shelby too?" I asked quietly as I walked towards the small breakfast bar of the hotel room.

"Just me." He grunted. I made him some toast with jam and took it over to him where he sat on the couch, then I just went back to the wall and sat on the floor, keeping silent and out of trouble.

For the next half hour there was no sound apart from the people on the small TV but I was tuned out to that. Shelby came out of the bedroom in a short black pencil skirt and revealing shirt, she gave me a dirty look before going over to Logan and kissing him, I almost laughed at the sight because it was so obvious that he didn't give a shit about her or her kisses.

"Bye babe." She said in her nasal voice before leaving the hotel room. After she left the quiet continued until Logan's voice broke me out of my haze.

"You've stopped speaking."

"What?" I asked confused and anxious. 

"We used to talk a lot when we first started dating, debates and stuff." He had a weird nostalgic look on his face. 

"I didn't really want to risk upsetting you." I said with a snarky attitude. 

"I wouldn't kill you for having a different opinion about a Walking Dead episode or something." He chortled, my eyebrows raised. 

"You sure?" His face became sterner. "You've hit me for less and you've probably killed Michael." I spoke with a weight on my heart, I wished more than anything to see Michael, I didn't know where he was or if he was okay and that was the worst thing ever to me. I dreamt about him holding me in his arms and kissing my lips gently but then the dream would turn into a nightmare and his bloody face would appear in my minds eye, the pain ever so apparent and it hurt me so much to think about it.