(3) Put in Action. Or not?

Today, my plan would be put into action. Phase one was now in the act. Zee was going to hang out with Alisyn today and report back to us at the end of the day. Of course, Zee was opposed to the idea. Something about using her to get information and victimizing and innocent person. Whatever. She had already left to visit Alisyn. I only hoped Alisyn wouldn’t kick her out. She did seem like hard-ass after all.

*After Zee’s return*

                “How’d it go?”

                Her eye twitched as she looked at me, “You’re horrible, you know that?”

                I rolled my eyes. She’s so dramatic. “What happened?”

                A smug smile formed on her lips. “I’m not telling you anything.”

                What? “What?!”

                “You heard me,” she said as she walked over to Ronnie and sat in his lap. Damn couples. They’re everywhere.

                Ronnie frowned, “Why won’t you tell him?”

                “I don’t like being used.”

                Really?! That’s what this is about? How does he deal with her? Ronnie laughed. What? Why is he laughing? “Zee, you’re so easy.”

                “Hey! You should never tell a girl that. Especially your girlfriend.”

                “It’s true,” he murmured into her neck. I felt my eye twitch. Must they do this in front of me.

                She frowned and pushed him away. Thank you Zee. “Andy is here. Be sensitive.”

                “Sensitive? You’re the one who’s not telling me what happened!”

                She glared at me, “Do you really want to know?”

                “Uh, YEAH!”

                “Fine, but don’t say I wasn’t trying to help you any.” She paused, “She doesn’t want anything to do with you guys. She’s had enough of guy’s bullshit in her life, and she doesn’t need more. The last guy she was dating cheated on her. And I know that’s not really that bad, but it was with her best friend. That’s not even the worst part. She got her best friend’s sister pregnant. She was 13. 13! They didn’t have the money to get an abortion so she killed herself. I think she’s done with guys. At least for awhile.”

                “I wouldn’t do that.” I was dumbfounded. How could anyone do that? I felt bad for Alisyn. I really did, but she needed a good guy in her life. That could be me. I didn’t have to her boyfriend or anything, but I could be a friend to her. Right?

                Zee gave a sympathetic look. I hate that look. “I know, but no matter how good things get for her something horrible always happens. I don’t want either of you to get hurt.”

                “How would either one of get hurt?”

                “We are going to have to leave her eventually. From what I know, she doesn’t have the money to go. She’s barely making it here.”

                “I could help her out. I’m sure Mary would too.”

                She shook her head, “She wouldn’t take it. Look Andy, I think it’s best for everyone if you just go home.”

                “Me? What about you and Ronnie?”

                Zee paused and looked at Ronnie, “I don’t know if Ronnie would want to, but I think I need to stay here. Alisyn needs a friend right now. A real one, one that’s a girl.”

                Ronnie looked between the two of us. “I can’t leave Zee here alone. Who knows what trouble she’d get in to.”

                “If you’re staying so am I.”

                “None of you have to stay. I’m fine on my own.” Alisyn? How long had she been there?

                “How long have you been there?”

                “I’m not taking anyone’s money. Zee, I appreciate that you want to help me, but I’m fine, really. Andy, your sweet and you sure as hell aren’t bad looking at all, but I’m not what you want me to be. If I could make Marcie come back for you, I would, but I can’t. And Ronnie, you are one hell of a guy. You and Zee are lucky to have each other. Remember that.” She turned around to leave.

                “Wait, where are you going?”

                “Work.” And then she left. Why is it every time I see her she leaves me?

---~<3~---

  Sorry, it’s short. I needed to stop here though. Next part will be out soon!