(7) Accident?

As the two more weeks passed Alisyn and I had become even closer. Zee and Ronnie were pressuring me to make a decision. I told them that this was the week I would decide. It was hard. I missed home, but I didn’t want to leave Alisyn. I had thought about asking her to go with us, but I didn’t think she would want to leave her home town.  So, today I was going to pick her up from work, go into town (actual town not Bat Cave), take her some place to eat, and talk to her about it. Little did I know, Things would not work out like that.

                That day when she went to work up at Chimney Rock is was raining. Rain wasn’t a big deal, not the way it was drizzling. It was the later rain that mattered. Around lunch time it had begun pouring down and thundering. I wasn’t really worried since she worked in the gift shop, but there was part of me that had the nagging feeling something was wrong, very wrong. The feeling was right. At 6, when she was supposed to be back, there was no sign of her. Zee was very worried, which is never good. I called Alisyn, but it went straight to voice mail. We decided to wait. An hour later we got a call. It was one of the calls I hated the most. It was the hospital. During the storm Alisyn had been up at the waterfall. She slipped and fell. When her boss found her she was unconscious and bleeding heavily.

                I can’t say how glad I am Zee and Ronnie are tough. I could have just given up right then. They pushed me out of the small house and to the car. Zee drove to hospital. When we arrived they told us Alisyn was in critical condition and we couldn’t see her. As we sat in the waiting room I tried to keep myself together. I already lost Marcie. I couldn’t lose Alisyn too.

---~<3~---

  I know this is short, but I’m already working on the next chapter.