(8) Excellent Sarcasm

**(Alisyn’s Point of View)**

                Andy I had become closer. I was beginning to understand why he had been searching for me for so long. I also knew how much he had loved Marcie, the twin sister I never knew I had until she died. I was so lost in thought I hadn’t noticed the storm brewing over me until the rain started pouring. “Shit,” I murmured and stood up. I had begun to walk away when I realized I had left my phone. I’d have to get a new one now. I sighed and turned back around. When I bent down to pick it up lightening struck close making me jump. Jumping was a big mistake. I lost my footing and slipped. I screamed as I fell and choked on the rushing water. My vision went blurry as I tried to fight my way to the surface. My body slammed into something and everything went black.

**----**

                Beep, beep, beep. What was that noise? I opened my eyes to see nothing but white. “Where am I?” I wondered out loud.

                “Ssh!” Someone hissed. A person suddenly appeared in front of me. She looked exactly like me, except she was blonde.

                “Who are you?”

                “Marcie, your twin sister. It’s ironic how I know more in death than when I was alive. I don’t have long. You aren’t supposed to be here.”

                “Am I dead?” I asked interrupting her. That would be bad.

                “No! You’ll be fine. I just wanted to ask about Andy. How is he?”

                I studied her face. She was like an open book. It was obvious she loved him, missed him, and worried about him. “Honestly,” I said with a sigh, “He’s terrible. He can’t be around any couples. It’s so hard for him. He needs you.”

                Marcie frowned. “I hate that. If only I didn’t die.” She let out a shaky breath like she way trying not to cry. Her head suddenly jerked up like she heard someone. “You need to go.”

                “How?” I asked. I wish I could do something for them.

                “Just go through the door and you’ll be back in your body, alive and well.” A door had suddenly appeared as she spoke.

                I stood there looking at her and back at the door. I would be dying after all. “Tell them all I said bye and thanks. All my money is in my dresser.” I grabbed her arm.

                “What are you doing?! You can’t!” She screamed as I pushed her through the door. As soon as she was through everything went pitch black.

                “That’s great,” I murmured. “I just died. Hey can I get some light! Or food! I’m starving!” I yelled out to no one in particular. Death. At least Marcie and Andy had each other. I hope it wont be awkward for them since she’s in my body.