Chapter three

I grabbed Lulu's Halter once more and we both hopped on. "Why did you decide to fight with me" I asked Delila as we flew in the clouds.

"First, I knew you would be hopeless without me, and second, I would be hopeless without you" She told me. I chuckled while pulling the Halter to the left, causing LuLu to fly to the left.

Finally we were back at our homes in the kingdom. I dropped Delila to her house and let LuLu roam free. "Bye Delila, I got to go talk to my mother about this".

I went to my house and knocked on the door loudly and aggressively, I don't know why. My father opened the door. "Hi Kali, it's late, why are you coming home late?" He asked. "Dad, I'm eighteen, it's not a big deal, besides I was doing something for the greater good".

"You want to be treated like an adult, but you do not fulfil the requirements and rules to being an adult women". "What's the rules? To get married off, have kids, and become queen just like you forced Zella to do?" I said calmly. My mom hated chaos and noise so dad and I would keep it down when we had certain arguments. "I didn't force her" dad said.

"Okay dad" I said giving up in the back to back arguing. I placed my halter on the hook in the kitchen and walked up the stairs to my parents bedroom, where my mom was sitting and reading. "Hi mom". My mom placed her book down and said " Hi, how are you?" "Fine." I said shrugging with a slight smile.

She must've had physic powers or something because she instantly detected something was wrong. She got out of her bed and grabbed my hands and sat down with me.

"Sweetie, I heard what was going on, I know where you are coming from, okay. There's one thing I need to speak with you about. I've been thinking about what you said about going to earth and I think you were right. Anything can happen. So, with that in thought, I'll plead to the king tomorrow to not let you go to •mission 17" she said placing her hand gently on my shoulder.

"Oh, thanks mom, but you don't have to worry one bit, I'll go and fight for our kingdom, besides, it'll put our family in a much, much better state" I said convincing my mother to let me go. "Are you sure Kali, once you go you can't come back until the war is declared over" mom said double checking that this was my final decision.

"Yes, I'm sure, I'll be alright" I said nodding my head confidently. "Okay, the knights will be holding mission 17 practice training tomorrow, are you sure you'll do alright" mom asked. "Yes mom, I think I am actually more trained then most of the people that will be there.

A little bit later I snuck out the house, not to wake my parents up. It wasn't because I was hiding anything, it was just because, if they caught me they'd make me wash the dishes, which I was supposed to do but didn't. I snuck out the door and quietly called LuLu. She was huge, about 16/17 feet if I were to precisely measure her size. Compared to her I was a tiny ant. She swooped down and landed in front of me.

She grown a lot in size and personally since I got her. I got her since she was a little baby five years ago. She was shunned by everyone because they thought she would grow up to be the vicious , killing machine, attacking princesses in towers, like almost every fairy tale told. She would get beaten from random villagers who hated her for no reason.

She had nobody. Her mother was killed by a knight who misinterpreted her actions of saving a princess from a tall tower as harming the princess...but I found her and now she's safe and happy.

Everyone still doesn't trust her but I don't really care. I walked with LuLu down the street. "Ma-lady" Gabriel, a boy in the village said taking a bow". "Hey Gabriel, uh, why working so late?" I asked. "Well my parents offered to pay me extra to work nighttime, just in case foreigners travel here and need some spices, food, water, or wants to trade" he replied.

"So, how's that going so far" I asked tying Lulu's Halter to a tree. "Horrible, I haven't had any goods bought in two days, I've been arranging these spice bottles over and over again I n boredom" Gabriel said while moving a spice bottle to the shelf beneath it.

"I'll buy some goods, I'll need it to stock up for mission 17" I said. That was my way of letting him know that I was going to fight. "Mission 17!?!, Your not going to war, are you?" He asked surprised. "I actually am" I said. "But, Kali,.... you're only eighteen, there are high chances you may not come back, I heard earth is dangerous" Gabriel warned me. I mean, atleast he cared.

"I know, I know but, it can really help my family, I can do this" I said. "But you're female, Earth most likely will send their strongest men" Gabriel said worrying. Instantly I frowned angrily and crossed my arms. "So what? Are you saying there is something wrong with being a girl and fighting?!" I asked.

"Well no, but, it's scientifically proven that boys are stronger than girls" Gabriel said. "But guess what, Girls are mentally stronger, that's why girls live longer " I replied. That shut Gabriel up. "Okay Madame, I'm just worried for you, stay safe okay" Gabriel said. "Whatever Gabriel, I'm not a weakling, I can take care of myself" I said untying Lulu's Halter and I continued walking.

Hey it's Jada, hope you liked this chapter, if you did please vote and comment. Many more chapters to come.

•Mission 17: The mission of landing on earth and starting the war. that is what Kali is going to fight in.

The picture on the first page is an idea of how Kali's mom looked like when she was a little bit younger.