Chapter 2

JULIAN couldn't believe he just saw her again after three years of staying away. Nag-iba na ito. Her eyes were hard and cold. Halos hindi na niya ito makilala. Humigpit ang hawak niya sa lata nang alak. It was his all fault! His damn fault!

"She's changed." Khyryu sat beside him. "And the way she cussed around? It's pretty obvious that she's done it a lot." Umiling-iling itong nagsasalita.

"You had hurt her pretty damn much," Zero added and gulped his beer. "But I guess you did the right thing three years ago. You weren't ready. Kaysa naman ikinasal nga kayo tapos maghihiwalay lang din. Naiintindihan kita sa bagay na iyan, pare."

"Gago, kasal pa rin sila."

"Kinakausap ba kita, Sean?"

"Totoo naman, 'diba Julian? The secret marriage is real."

He kept his silence. Patuloy lang siya sa pag-inom. Ni walang anumang emosyon ang dumaan sa mga mata nito nang magtama ang mga paningin nila. Kahit manlang galit ay wala. Empty. It is just apathy. He wanted to curse and punch himself. He did that to her.

He stared at the can in his hand. What shoud he do now?

"Do you have regrets?"

He tore his gaze from the can and looked at Zero. "What?"

"Nagsisisi ka ba ngayon na nakita mo na ulit siya?"

Is he now? He knew he had hurt her so bad. But after seeing Ellen before their church wedding confused the hell out of him. He started having doubts about his feelings towards Sassa.

Hanggang sa nakapagdesisyon siyang tapusin nalang ang lahat sa kanila. Maybe he hadn't loved her enough because he was having doubts. Ellen was his first love. Mas minahal pa niya ito kaysa kay Margo. He was lying when he told Sassa that he could not remember his first love because it doesn't matter. Well, he was a big fat liar.

Nang magbalik ito isang buwan bago ang kasal nila ni Sassa ay unti-unting nagbago ang lahat. Maybe he hadn't moved on yet on Ellen. At ayaw niyang maging unfair kay Sassa. So he did the right thing to do eventhough it would hurt them both. She tried to get explanations from him but he stood his ground and left the country with Ellen for business purpose. Hinayaan niyang isipin ni Sassa na mas pinipili niya sa Ellen. Aminado siyang isa siyang gago.

And the scene at the lobby of his building haunted him for the past three years. Sassa's broken expression was tearing him apart but he still chose to do nothing about it. Wala siyang ginawa kundi ang lagpasan ito na parang hindi niya kilala. At pagkatapos ng insidenteng iyon ay hindi na muli niya itong nakita.

Once and for all, he let the fate to decide for them. Kung sila ay sila.

"Ano'ng plano mo?" Khyryu's voice took him out of his thoughts. "I didn't say anything about you giving her up just like that years ago but damn, pare, seeing her like that. Gusto kong paduguin 'yang ilong mo ngayon."

Hindi niya ito masisisi.

"First love sucks," Zero muttered then drunk from his beer.

"But she's cute," Sean said.

"Who's cute?"

"Si Sassa..."

What? He suddenly want to punch his face for saying that.

"What?" tanong nito nang tingnan niya ito nang masama. "You gave her up, didn't you?"

Sean had never met her. Nasa abroad kasi ito noon.

He sighed. "She's still my wife."

"That she's not aware of. Kailan mo balak ipaalam sa kanya?"

Hinilot niya ang sintido. "Puwede bang bumalik ka nalang sa lungga mo sa abroad?"