Chapter 1

Danny, Sam, and Tucker sat around the newest piece of Fenton equipment. Having branched out some, the Fenton Scanner located traces of supernatural activity all over the country.

"Looks like there's a few major hotspots." Sam was saying. She glared at Tucker, who was absorbed in his new iPad. "Tucker, would you pay attention?"

"I am. Supernatural hotspots. Continue." He didn't even glance up. Danny chuckled softly.

Sam rolled her eyes. "Anyway, the ghosts in Amity Park are on a low down right now, so Danny should be free to go investigate some other places."

"Wait, leave Amity Park?" Danny sat up straight. "But what if-?"

"Danny, we can handle it. Tucker and I will stay here. Who knows what things might be going on elsewhere? These places might need some help." Sam looked at him significantly. Danny knew what she meant. Recently, they had been getting word that strange things were happening both in the Ghost Zone and on Earth. Upheavals of mysterious energy and people going missing. They had to do what they could to help. Danny would have thought that maybe Vlad was behind it, except that his nemesis had vanished three days ago, leaving no trace. He never disappeared for this long, and anyway whenever he went on a "business trip" Danny found him up to no good and stopped him. Usually.

The other ghosts that normally haunted Amity Park were keeping their distance, preferring to stay in the Ghost Zone, which had to mean that something was happening such that they did not want to venture into the mortal world. And according to the Fenton Scanner, new places were reporting high levels of supernatural energy.

"So," Sam continued, "looks like some major contact points are a place in the Southwest called Night Vale, and a town in Oregon called Gravity Falls. Night Vale seems to be fairly isolated, and it's giving off readings that seem... less important. Like it exists outside of the normal world. So I recommend Danny scouts out Gravity Falls."

"Okay. Well, that's great. But how am I going to get away with going across the country with my parents watching my every move?" Danny asked dubiously.

"Simple!" exclaimed Tucker. "You'll just go to my house!" Both Danny and Sam gave him confused looks, so he smiled and continued. "Its summer break, so just tell your parents that you're going to sleep over at my house for a couple of days!"

"But what if they talk to your parents?" Danny asked dubiously.

"My parents are leaving on vacation and won't even be here." Tucker said confidently.

"And we can stea- I mean borrow," Tucker caught himself as both Danny and Sam gave him disapproving looks, "some of your parents' tech. I'll even trick out your phone and stuff."

Danny took a deep breath. "Okay, then. Looks like I'm headed to Gravity Falls."