Chapter 13

"Hey Grunkle Stan, guess who's back?" Mabel said as they entered the Shack. But there was no answer. "Grunkle Stan?" Mabel said, peeking around the corner into the living room. Nothing. "Where is he?"

"He wasn't here earlier when I came to find you either," Dipper said, looking concerned.

"Does he usually go out at this time of night?" Danny asked.

"Not unless he's pulling a heist. He likes watching Baby Fights right about now." Dipper said, rolling his eyes.

Danny decided not to ask. "Then where is he?"

Mabel shrugged. They searched the Shack, but they found nothing except one of Wendy's magazines on the counter of the gift shop.

"That's so weird..." Mabel said pensively.

"Wait a second, that thing that almost captured us-!" Dipper exclaimed suddenly.

"Skulker? What about him?" Danny asked quickly.

"He said he was looking for ten different people. What if-?" He didn't need to finish his sentence. At that moment, all three of them saw Wendy's axe lying on the ground, as if it had been thrown and missed its target.

-----

They rushed back to the forest clearing where Skulker's suit was still on the ground. Danny started examining it, trying to find the containment device. "If he got them, they'd be somewhere here. Or in the Ghost Zone." He didn't want to think about having to search Skulker's lair for the captives.

"The Ghost Zone?" Dipper asked. "What-?"

"It's where most ghosts live," Danny answered preemptively, still checking the suit for hidden compartments. "Weird dimension, it's like the Twilight Zone in there. Aha!" He pulled out a small cube, which he threw on the ground. It expanded into a cage the size of a car, and inside it were Wendy, Stan, Soos, and for some reason, Pacifica Northwest.

"Finally!" Pacifica said. "That thing has had me in here forever!"

"Pacifica? What are you doing in there?" Dipper asked.

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Don't ask me. That freaky blue man did it."

"And we've had to listen to her complain about it," Stan said grumpily. "Can we get out of here now?"

Wendy kicked the door open and all four of them stumbled out. "Yeesh, what is up with that guy?" Wendy asked, looking at the immobile suit.

"Long story," Danny said. All four of the captives jumped. They hadn't seen Danny until then. Luckily, at this point he was still Danny Fenton.

"I thought you'd skipped town, kid." Grunkle Stan said. Then he grinned and added mockingly, "Couldn't get enough of the mystery?"

"Who's this?" Wendy asked.

"Oh, that's Danny," Mabel said cheerfully, "we've been showing him around lately."

"Cool. Adventure buddy." Wendy punched Danny lightly on the arm. Danny laughed. Off to the side, Dipper glowered.

Pacifica folded her arms. "Great catchup, losers, but I'm going home." She marched out of the clearing.

"Need a ride?" Soos asked. "I've got a pickup truck!"

She looked over her shoulder and scoffed. "Puh-lease. I can get home without riding in your piece of junk." She made to take a step forward, but seemed unsure of which direction to go. "Uhh..." She looked around the forest, trying to see any sign of civilization. Slightly resigned, she mumbled, "Fine. Just get me out of here."

"Hey Soos, could I get a ride too? My dad's probably going nuts." Wendy said, catching up to them.

"Sure thing, dawg." Soos said. The three of them walked out of sight through the woods.

"We'd better get back too," Dipper said, stifling a yawn.

Mabel nodded, and she and Stan started walking back towards the Shack.

Dipper fell back, walking next to Danny. "Look man, I'm sorry." He said, looking down. "I just... I guess..." he trailed off, unsure of what to say.

"Hey, no worries." Danny said, waving his hand carelessly. "I get it. But we're on the same team, so now let's just work on stopping Bill, okay?" His voice got soft and oddly serious. "I don't think I can do this alone. I'm going to need your help."

Dipper nodded. "Okay, on one condition."

"What is it?" Danny asked, slightly apprehensive.

"You have GOT to show me those powers!" Dipper said, smiling hugely.