Thomas

"Sitting in the beach by the sea isn't exactly what I meant when I said go party" Effy says once I pick up the phone.

"How do you know I'm in the beach?" I ask fixing a sand castle I just built.

"Well, I know now" Effy laughs "Wait up, I'll come to you" Effy hangs up.

I sit quietly by the sea and think about everything that went down last year. All ups and downs, everything that happened to me seems like a freaking telenovela. Which, fun fact, I don't really like watching telenovelas, I used to, but then it became quite boring because I always knew the ending. But my telenovela?

I fucking wish I could know or have any idea how everything is gonna end.

I didn't exactly coupe with my problems three months ago and through these three months I didn't talk with Effy about any of the shit that went down last year. I actually kinda forgot about all that crap until now, until the day before coming back to Bristol.

Suddenly I feel a body fall on me and I fall right on my sand castle ruining it. Only if I knew this would happen, I would have gotten the fuck away from my masterpiece.

"Sophie, I'm so sorry" Effy says and sits in front of me "I'm really sorry I ruined your masterpiece" She snorts and takes a bottle of teguila out of her back "I thought it would be fun" Effy says opening the bottle of tequila.

"So is sacrificing goats to Satan" Effy laughs and takes a deep gulp from the bottle "Not" She passes me the bottle "I hate it" I say once I take a deep gulp from the bottle.

"And yet you still do it" She says and puts a spliff between her lips "Is this how orgasm feels?" She asks and lies on sand next to me.

"This is way better" We both laugh and I lay next to her.

We're lying in the beach, under the stars, drinking awful drinks and smoking. No problems, no worries, no rush, this couldn't be any less perfect.

"We fucked Italy well, didn't we?" Effy asks and takes my hand in hers.

"We rocked it"

"And yet, this is going to end soon, isn't it?" She looks over at me "We're going back to Bristol tomorrow"

"At least, you'll see your mum"

"At least, you'll see your boyfriend" Effy laughs "Or should I say boyfriends?" I punch her.

My relationship with both boys were and still are complicated. Even though I loved Freddie there was undeniable truth also. I had a crush on Cook and it wasn't going anywhere. And that's what made everything even more complicated.

"It's complicated" I say admitting the truth "But I'm trying to make it less complicated" And I'm not even lying. I am trying, it's just it's so hard.

"You thought about Freddie all summer, didn't fuck anyone else, so nothing's complicated" Yeah, Eff, easy for you to say. Sometimes I wish I could be more like Effy, not giving a slightest fuck about my feelings and pretending I don't give a shit and actually knowing who and what I want.

"You're such a help" We both laugh and lay for couple more moments, but then I jump up and take my shirt and shorts off "The last one in the water is a stink ass whore" I yell and start running towards water.

"Cheater" I hear Effy yell and then I jump in the water.

****
"Where are you going?" Effy asks once I'm heading out of the house "We just got back"

"Yeah" I nod, but I continue going towards doors "But I gotta see how my friends live"

I walk in some pub and see how two guys are fighting and some girl is trying to separate them.

 **** "Where are you going?" Effy asks once I'm heading out of the house "We just got back" "Yeah" I nod, but I continue going towards doors "But I gotta see how my friends live" I walk in some pub and see how two guys are fighting and some girl i...

The scene weirdly reminds me of Cook and Thomas. About the fight they should have had last year when Thomas found out Cook fucked Pandora. Thomas should have kicked Cook's ass. Just like the black guy kicking the white guy's ass.

"She's dead. Dead!" The black guy yells when the bartender separates him from the white guy. And then I finally realize why these two guys reminded me of Thomas and Cook so much, fucking hell, it's actually them.

"Thomas, Thomas" Naomi cries out "Stop" The bartender holds Cook from attacking Thomas again "Thomas, it was me. I gave it to her" What is happening? What are they talking about? What and to who did Naomi gave? What is this?

"What? You what?"

"Cook... Cook gave me the powder that's it. I needed some money and I just sold to some random"

"She died. She's dead" Thomas says. Christ Sake, who's dead? I leave for three fucking months and a someone dies. What the actual fuck is happening right now?

Fuck sake, this is too much for me on the first day, so I just decide to run away, I shake my head in disbelief and walk out of the pub.

****
"Sophie, get down!" Effy yells and I quickly cover myself up with a towel and get downstairs.

"What the fuck?" I ask her and then I see Panda all crying.

"He cheated on me" Pandora starts crying even harder and hugs me and she doesn't even care that I'm wet and naked under the towel. When Panda's calms a little bit down Effy gets her upstairs to get some rest.

"This is fucking ridiculous" Effy says when she gets back to the kitchen "And you're naked. And it's the first day we're back and everything is shit"

I smile while she keeps talking about how nothing makes any sense. And I wonder, should I tell Effy someone died? Should I tell her that I saw Cook and Thomas fighting?

While I think about it Effy stops talking, looks at me and says.

"You really should get dressed. You're disturbing to look at" I flip Effy off and go upstairs to get dressed.