Effy

I'm chilling at my old house when I hear someone knocking on my door and I really hope it's not Freddie because I really need to concentrate on bills right now. I didn't even know that my dad did so much work only on bills.

I go to open the door obviously swearing like mad while doing it and when I do, it's Effy, she pulls something out.

"Brought your jumper back" I can't even say anything "Good to see you, Effy?" She suggests.

"Effy" I hug her " It's better that just good" We stand like that, really close to each other for quite some time "Hey, come on in" I say and bring her inside. We sit down on the couch and I suggest we watch some old movie and eat junk food. Effy instantly agrees, I think mostly because there's nothing not awkward that we could talk right now about.

"So you're back at your old house" She says and my heart skips a beat and I'm not sure why. Maybe because I have so many bad memories of this house in the first place or maybe just 'cause I'm talking to Effy the first time in couple of weeks after I ran out of the hospital.

"Yeah, dad went to live in America with Tyler, can you believe that? I always thought that Tyler had more unresolved issues with Dad than I did" I say and she just nods and it seems like she wants to say something to me but doesn't "Hey, you alright?"

"Yeah, I am, but I'm worried that you might not be"

"Why didn't you let me see you, Eff?" I ask completely ignoring her comment.

"Because of the treatment John gave me, he didn't want me to see anyone"

"John?" Who the fuck is John?

"John Foster. My counselor, he's the one that helped me"

"And what did he do so special?"

"He took all my bad memories and made them good"

"And some of those memories were about me, right?" I ask.

"Only a few" She answers and takes my hand like the old good times.

"Okay, so if I would have visited you it would have fucked up John's treatment, is that what you're saying?"

"Yeah" Effy says "I'm sorry"

"It's alright" My phone starts buzzing, but I keep ignoring it.

"Sophie, I'm sorry" Effy whispers.

"The bad memories about me you don't like... feel them anymore?"

"No" Effy looks straight into my eyes "They're gone. He took them away, but you know what's left? Love" We look at each other for couple of moments and then both burst out laughing.

"You're such a fucking cliché"

"But a good cliché?"

"The best of the best"

"Okay, there's something more I have to tell you" Effy says looking at me.

"Look, if it's about that John guy, I don't wanna hear how you suddenly have a crush on him just 'cause he brain washed you"

"No, that's not what I wanted to talk about"

"Then spill" I run a hand through my already messy hair.

"John looked at your file" Effy said. Here's that skipped beat again.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"He said he thinks that you're not okay now and he would like for you to come to the therapy"