Chapter 5: Why Are You Here?

Abbey's POV

12 months later...

When I got off the plane, I wasn't sure what I was expecting. I'd made so many scenarios in my head over the last year about coming home and finding Louis waiting at the terminal for me with a sign with my name scribbled on it and a big smile on his face that I had missed so much. Or for him to find me and maybe even just simply kiss me. But I knew that no matter who it was, Louis wouldn't do that.

I'm welcomed by the cool morning air, with my bags in my hands. "Abbey!" My older sister Kendall calls, running towards me with open arms. I drop my bags, hugging her.

"I missed you Kenny!" I laugh, rubbing her back.

"You too Abbey." She smiles, taking one of my bags.

I couldn't help myself but to ask. I had to know if he was waiting for me. "Is uh, is Louis here, too?" I ask, and her smile falters. "When was the last time you spoke to him?"

Flashback

6 months ago...

I hadn't talked to Louis in around two months, and it sucked. I missed him. And all I could do was hope that he felt the same way. After five rings, he picked up.

[a/n : bold is Louis and italics is Abbey]

"Hello?"

"Louis!"

"Who's this?"

"Abbey, how could you forget your super awesome besterest friend?"

"Oh, hey Abbey."

"What's going on?"

"Not a lot, I moved in with Harry. How's the weather in California?"

I look around at the small cottage the university rented for us.

"Oh. I uhm, I'm in Rome actually.."

"Oh. Well I'm really tired from the concert, so I'll talk to you later."

"Okay, get your rest"

"Night"

"Nightie"

Flashback over

"H-Half a year ago." I stammer, hugging her again.

"Shh... C'mon I'll take you to his place." She says, grabbing one of my bags. I nod and walk with her. I saw a poster with a strangely familiar face, making me stare at it.

"Th-That's Louis." He didn't look the same. At all.

"Yeah..."

"Lets j-just go home..." I mumble, dragging my bag along. She assured me the whole walk there that he's just scared or something along those lines, and all I did was nod. In the car, I couldn't help myself not to text Louis.

To Louis: Hey Louis, I know you don't really wanna talk to me but I just wanted to let you know I'm back from the trip.

I locked my phone, but as it went black, it buzzed.

Read 19 seconds ago

Louis is typing...

Louis is typing....

Eventually it just stopped, and I threw it into my lap. "What. Am. I. Doing?" I groan as we pull into Kendall's driveway.

"Thanks for letting me stay here Kenny" I tell her, and she smiles.