Chapter 9: Voice Mail

When I walked into the house, Kendall was sitting on the couch, half asleep. "Kenny, wake up." I whispered, shaking her side gently. She groans slightly, throwing her arm across her face. She mumbles a string of words before pointing at the house phone.

"Messages for you..." She says softly, rolling over. I walked over to the answering machine and pressed the play button. Louis' number appeared on the screen with a little bracked 5.

"Abbey... we need to talk. I need to tell you something. Just, call me back when you can."

"Its Louis. Please call me. I can't sleep."

"Abbey, I'm sorry. I love you."

"Abbey, I got hurt too. It wasn't just you. Stop playing a fucking victim all the time. Do you know how much I drank when you left? How many fucking girls I slept with... it was awful for me too. Don't call me back." He was drunk in that message. The time read 7am yesterday morning. He got piss drunk at 7 in the morning. Fucking great.

I didn't bother to listen to the last message. So I deleted them all. I pulled a blanket over Kendall, since she was only wearing a cocktail dress that barely covered her legs and chest. Her heels were on two sides of the room and her make up was smeared everywhere. There was a clattering sound in the kitchen, the sound of silverwear jingling throughout the room. We should be alone. I grabbed the baseball bat Kendall kept in the cupboard and proceeded into the kitchen slowly. A man stood there, his back to me. He had bright red hair and boxers on.

"Who are you and why are you in my house?" I said quietly and firmly, and they turned around. It was Michael. "The fuck Michael? You scared the shit out of me!"

"Sorry."

"Why are you in the kitchen wearing superman boxers?"

His face went red and a smirk grew on his face. "Well, um... Kendall and I..."

"Ew gross! On the couch?"

"You could say that."

"I'm burning everything." He winked, flicking the tea towel at me. I jumped away and he laughed oh so happily. "I'll be in my room." I smile, going up the stairs.

* * *

Bells rung thoughout the house, echoing off every wall. "Abbey! Package for you!" Kendall yelled, tapping on the wall. I flipped the bankets off, skipping down the stairs. "Well someone's in a good mood." 

"Why shouldn't I be?"

She shrugged, and then said "I don't know, maybe because Louis called while you were asleep." I frowned, and sat on a stool with my plush package. "You're gonna have to talk to him sooner or later."

"I don't want to. Besides, he's got enough problems especially with a girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?!"

Probably shouldn't have said that.

"Yeah." I rip open the top of the package with my teeth. I didn't order anything, so how could I have gotten this? A dark blue skater dress fell out of the opening, and a big smile grew on Kendall's face.

"I bought it for you, for tomorrow night."

"Tomorrow night?"

"You and I, we're going out tomorrow night."

__________________________________________

Hey hey chapter is up! This is just a filler thing but next chapter at 200 reads! Pretty please leave feedback on if you like it or not!

- Ella