Chapter 7: Coffee and Milkshakes and Jane Eyre

As I put on my mascara, Kendall walked into the room with a tight, purple cocktail dress with white heels.

"You ready Abbey?"

"Almost." I rub my lips together quickly and stuff my phone into my bra. She took my hand and led me downstairs where Michael was waiting, wearing black jeans and a Green Day shirt. "Hey Michael."

"Hey Abbey. Hey babe."  He kisses Kendall quickly and leads us to his car, in which we made our way to the only dance club within an hour's driving time.

* * *

Kendall bought the three of us drinks and brought them to the tall table next to us. I took a sip of the bitter beer and sat on the bar stool, looking around at all of the people. They were all young, no older than 27. A familiar face among the crowd flashes every so often but only out of the corner of my eye.

After another half beer, the face showed itself. With another. It was Harry, with the blue eyed, brown haired Doncaster boy I was accustomed to. Louis. I couldn't even hide with Kendall and Michael because they were dancing. Harry noticed my gaze set on him. He smirked and walked over, pushing through a few dancers with a sway of his hips.

"Hi." He shouted over the pounding music. Kendall glared at me from across the room like I was going to do something dumb. She can be so paranoid sonetimes. Like I'm going to get drugged or something. I haven't done anything like that for ages.

"Hi." I yell, barely able to hear myself with all the noise and the blood sloshing around my head. He makes motions towards the dancers and I nod, taking a swig of my beer and following him. He put his hands on my waist and started moving against me. I dragged a hand down his chest and another to pull his head down to kiss me. He kissed me back and pulled me closer.

All of a sudden, I was dragged away by another. Nobody I could have known. I couldn't see Harry anymore and I was near the back door. And then the grip was ripped from me, a man slightly taller than me on the ground with his hand on his nose. Louis stands above him, breathing heavily before dragging me out to the empty balcony.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, Abbey? You'd promised you wouldn't pull shit like that again!"

"I didn't go with him willingly!"

"Oh right, and you didn't mean to grind on and kiss my best mate, I'm guessing, too?"

"And I suppose you didn't mean to cheat on your girlfriend with me, right?" I shouted, my face flushed. He went quiet and came nose to nose with me.

"Next time you can save yourself."

"So then I can't