55%

Annabeth POV

Immediately after I left I heard Percy pull out Riptide. Either he's coming after me, which would be a relief, or he's stabbing something in anger. I didn't know how right I was at the time.

When I got up to get breakfast a few hours later I didn't see Percy and was worried, but he probably needed some rest after the events of last night, so I let him be.

It wasn't until lunch when I began to get worried. I went to the Poseidon cabin just to see if he was alright. When I walked in, I screamed at what I saw. Percy was on the floor, bleeding out from a stab wound in his stomach. Who did this? Then I saw Riptide laying next to him with his own blood on it. I gasped and began crying. There was a note laying on his chest. I picked it up.

Annabeth-

If you are reading this I am most likely either dead or close to it. I essentially made myself a time bomb. Where I stabbed myself, you could have anywhere from a few hours to a day to save me. If you found this too late, too bad for you, I guess. Just remember, this is your fault.

-Percy Jackson, August 26, 2016, 4:26 A.M

I let out a strangled cry. I'm a daughter of Athena. I should be focused. I reached down to take his pulse. Uneven, almost impossible to feel, but it was there. I yelled out of the door to the Apollo cabin. "Any Apollo campers good with healing, I need you RIGHT NOW!"

Will Solace was walking by right when I yelled. He ran in, and immediately stifled a scream. "Annabeth, what happened?!"

"I'll tell you later, after you at least TRY to save him!" I yelled, and he immediately got to work, occasionally giving me instructions. Soon enough, the wound had been cleaned and stitched up.

"He'll need to be taken to the infirmary. He could stay for a while, depending on when he wakes up. I'm saying about a 55% chance of survival, since you got him just before he would've died. Oh, he'll also need some blood transfusions." Will said.

"55% chance of survival? Blood transfusions!?" I yelled. Will cringed.

"I'm sorry... All I can promise is that I will try as hard as I can to keep him alive. Go tell the other Apollo campers to get a stretcher."

I did, and soon Percy was in a bed in the infirmary. I promised myself I wouldn't leave the room until he woke up. I pulled a plastic chair from another room, curled up in it, and tried to sleep, because sleep deprivation would do nothing to help Percy. I fell into a fitful, nightmare-filled sleep only a few moments later.