Chapter 6

Nique P.

Lourdes, Breaunna, Daniel, and I were shopping for Bahja's birthday which is coming up in a few days. Four days to be exact on time measurements. I wasn't trying to plan a big birthday bash because I know all she would want is to spend time with Lourdes, Breaunna, Daniel, and I. Yup Breaunna. The girl who we saved when we were saving Lourdes. Lo told us how Breaunna was her best friend even though she was older than her, Bahja, and me. But it was only by a year. I examined the rolex in the store. Since me and Bahj were little she would always tell me that for her birthday she wanted a gold rolex and the inside of it pink. So I was getting the watch and Daniel and Breaunna were shopping for clothes and other stuff. Lourdes came with me because she already bought her gift two days ago. Of course Lourdes was picking up everything in the store and I constantly had to tell her to put it down and remind her it was almost Bahja's birthday soon.

"Zonnique don't you think this would be cute on me?" Lourdes flaunted a big diamond encrusted rolex.

"Are you and Bahja sharing accessories?" I raised an eyebrow.

"No..." Lo pouted.

"Then put it back." I turned back around to the watches in the show glass case. My eyes wandered from watch to watch until I finally found the perfect watch.

"Excuse me!" I stood on my tippy toes to look in the back. A worker came out the back with a smile plastered on her face.

"How may I help you ma'am?" She still smiled.

"Can I get that watch right there?" I pointed to the perfect watch. The lady unlocked the glass case and brought out the watch.

"Would you like anything engraved on the watch ma'am?" The worker typed in something on the cash register then looked up at me.

"Mm...yeah. Could you engrave Bahja Rodriguez on it?" I bit the inside of my cheeks.

"Sure! That will take ten minutes though ma'am would you still like to do it?" She asked.

"Yeah. I have no where to go anyway." I smiled.

"Okay that will be-"

I cut her off by sliding the bundle of money to her. Her eyes bulged but then recovered. She took the rubber band off, counted the money, and gave me my change. The receipt printed out and she snatched it off. I grabbed it from her and thanked her. I walked over where Lourdes was sitting and sat next to her. Daniel and Breaunna came back with clothing brand bags. On Daniel's it said Gucci and on Breaunna's it said Burberry.

"How much did that stuff cost y'all?" I twisted my face up.

"640$." Daniel shrugged.

"200$" Breaunna said.

"Now when I asked for the rent and it was dead silent y'all wouldn't give me that much money." I rolled my eyes.

"Bahja is my big headed best friend. She deserves it." Daniel chuckled.

"In that case my birthday is in four days too." I giggled.

"Liar!" Daniel tickled me. I burst out laughing in the store.

"Stop Daniel people are looking at us!" I croaked out. He smacked his lips at stopped.

"I'm not finished with you!" Daniel sat next to me.

For the rest of ten minutes we sat there on our phones until finally the lady called us up.

"Here's your watch ma'am! Have a splendid day!" She cheered.

"Don't tell me what to do!" Daniel frowned. I slapped him in the back of his head.

"Sorry! You have a splendid day too." I pulled Daniel out the store.

"You just don't know how to act." I shook my head at Daniel.

The car ride home was nothing special it was just Daniel rapping along with the radio, Breaunna 'resting' her eyes, and Lourdes complaining. When I got home I was as happy as Bahja is going to be on her birthday when she see her presents. Now we gotta work on hiding these presents from Bahja nosey, irritating, snoopy, persuading behind. This was going to be harder than I thought. I sighed but when I went up the stairs I remembered my secret attic.

"Guys give me your presents I have the best place to hide them!" I raced back down the stairs. They all look confused but shrugged and handed me their bags. When I was done hiding them I walked back into the living room. It was quiet...too quiet.

"Where's Bahja?" I looked around. They all shrugged. These niggas. Not again!

How'd y'all like this chapter? Good, Bad, Okay?